+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Global Sea Ice - Global Warming

O/T Global Sea Ice - Global Warming

I did one of these threads a couple of years ago, which interested a few people....so I thought I'd start another

FACT - The Earth is getting warmer, depending on the start point...by between 1 and 1.5 degrees Celsius, since the mid 1800s.....that's not a lot I hear you cry BUT the average temperature of the Earth is only about 15 degrees anyway.....so we are talking about a 10% increase since accurate records were kept.

FACT - The Earth is covered mostly by water, approximately 70%, which is one of the best means of storing and moving heat (think central heating, car radiators)....air and land heat up rapidly, but also cool rapidly.....water is where excess heat is "stored" until dissipated by violent storms (think, kettle boiling, tornadoes, hurricanes)

FACT - Sea Ice floats on the sea-water.......so an accurate way of measuring what this excess heat is doing, is to measure sea ice. Since 1979, Nasa, Japanese Jaxa and the Germans have all been measuring sea ice from space.....so we now have 38 years of specific data

FACT - Ice reflects the Sun's heat back into space....not all of it, but enough to keep the World "in balance"....if and when it reaches a "tipping point" ie less ice = more sunlight on open water = more heat = less ice, you get a runaway effect that cannot be halted unless you Geo-Engineer your way out (mirrors, Geo-stationary panels in space, pump sea-water onto Greenland/Antarctica....there are hundreds of ideas out there)

FACT - If you take 100 scientists, 97 say we have serious problems as a species....the other 3 back Trump and the Petro-Chemical Industry, Business-As-Usual...carry on, don't worry about it.

I check data every single day.....sad, I know

DATA...........3rd October 2017....Total Global Sea Ice issued by NASA

On this date....by Decade

1980s - 26.43 Million Sq Kms

1990s - 25.8

2000s - 24.88

2010 - 23.87

Today - 22.96

It does not take a mathematical genius to see that we have a SERIOUS problem....another 0.5 degrees of warming in sub-sahara will see another 5 million people on the move, most to Europe....continuing floods in Pakistan/Bangladesh will see another 20 million people displaced and guaranteed civil unrest...where can they go?

On a positive note, VW announced another 2 Electric Vehicles a few weeks ago.....every single major global manufacturer is now scrambling to build EVs....Petrol and Oil is finished....but have we left it too late?

Well Tarkers, that's all true. But there are much more serious problems at hand, namely Mexican immigrants in America (chant it with me: build that wall!).

It's a good thing Trump is there to get things done. Trust that he'll 'tell it like it is.'

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Well Tarkers, that's all true. But there are much more serious problems at hand, namely Mexican immigrants in America (chant it with me: build that wall!).

It's a good thing Trump is there to get things done. Trust that he'll 'tell it like it is.'
    There was a time, not so very long ago, when your posts would be read with interest. Although left of what I consider to be a balanced world view you did contribute.
    However, since you have discovered that the word "Trump" gives you a stiffy you have turned into an irrelevant tit. I am sure once Uncle Sidders applies the electrodes to your nether regions and applies the required voltage while gently whispering "Donald" in your ear you will return to being the andy6025 we all love and admire. (xx)

If we had a few more politicians like Trump then politics here would be more interesting.

That's a coincidence, Smiffy, I feel the same about your posts. Have you found any highly informative Facebook posts lately that you can pass on to us?

The first 6 prototypes sections are being built as we speak .....$1.6 billion in evaluation fees hahahaha.....testing will then take place for a few months (scalability,v cost v time taken to build v intrinsic beauty) before Donnie goes back to Congress with his begging bowl.

Personally I'm glad it's finally being built....once Global Warming takes hold, there will be millions in the US Mid-West (which will resemble a baking hell-hole of 45 degrees C, similar to Death Valley)....that will be illegally heading South to the more Temperate Climate in which I live.

Loads of pesky US Gringos flashing their useless FIAT currency and buying up chunks of good Mexican land........maybe I'll buy a gun if too many of them flood south?

That's a coincidence, Smiffy, I feel the same about your posts. Have you found any highly informative Facebook posts lately that you can pass on to us?
    No my friend. Unlike you I have no qualms about admitting my failings and make every attempt to learn from my mistakes. Especially the mistakes that some people seem to take extreme amusement in instead of gently guiding me along the path of enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    ...gently guiding me along the path of enlightenment.
    Thanks for the laugh!

Add another 0.5 degrees of warming to the Sahel, and this will become a regular event on Europe's southern border walls.....this is NOT Mexico/USA, this is North Africa, where hundreds of thousands are massing

Europe hasn't even seen the beginning....yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmqOlxNQABI
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 05-10-2017 at 08:22 PM.

You have to admit Andy you have an unhealthy thing about old Donald, almost all of your posts give him a mention.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast