+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T England

O/T England

What a load of tripe. Apart from Rashford that was utter tripe against a 3rd rate side!!

Dull and drab nothing interesting to have us excited for Russia in the summer same old same old, typical England.

No threat what so ever and we make it hard for ourselves against oppositions we should easily beat on paper and that is why England won’t trouble the big teams in competitions because they struggle to threaten lower rated teams below them and show the bigger teams they are a force to be wreckoned with.

Boring England qualify!! The rest of the world are shaking in their boots.....not!!!

England scraped through with the late goal to see through qualifying for the World Cup in Russia, Harry Kane in the mix with the only real threat on the night and as the story goes still nothing to get excited about as the World Cup fast approaches.

Need more threat otherwise England will struggle in competitions as they always find out.

What did we want eh lads when the draw was made after last summers Euros, wasnt our main aim to finish top and win the group ?.
    Yes of course it was and thats what I take from tonights result, we're looking forward to another World cup after winning our group arent we.
    Ok we're not going to hammer these teams like Slovakia & Slovenia by 4 or 5 goals which some fans seem to expect. But I appreciate us scrapping in these sort of matches when we have to and still winning. And we did manage the win, and wouldnt we all be delighted if it were our club struggling, but still managing a late 1-0 win ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What did we want eh lads when the draw was made after last summers Euros, wasnt our main aim to finish top and win the group ?.
    Yes of course it was and thats what I take from tonights result, we're looking forward to another World cup after winning our group arent we.
    Ok we're not going to hammer these teams like Slovakia & Slovenia by 4 or 5 goals which some fans seem to expect. But I appreciate us scrapping in these sort of matches when we have to and still winning. And we did manage the win, and wouldnt we all be delighted if it were our club struggling, but still managing a late 1-0 win ?.
    England lost to Iceland 2-1 in the last 16 oh! the memories you can’t beat Iceland there must be something wrong and it was another disappointing campaign of failing to reach the QF’s. Iceland were dark horses in that competition and put on an surprising impressive display but England should of put them to bed on paper but England once again failed to live up to expectations of what was expected of them you can’t beat teams below your ranks you struggle to win anything.

Of course we/England should have beat Iceland in a competition last 16 match, expecially after we'd gone 1-0 ahead against them in the first five minutes. I/we really dont know what went wrong in that match, and although I do think we looked decent in the Euro group games, it all exploded badly for some reason!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Of course we/England should have beat Iceland in a competition last 16 match, expecially after we'd gone 1-0 ahead against them in the first five minutes. I/we really dont know what went wrong in that match, and although I do think we looked decent in the Euro group games, it all exploded badly for some reason!!.
    Exploded badly sums up pretty much England just their modern trait nowadays.

The World Cup in Brazil showed us that when it comes to facing the likes of Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica who was an underdog like Iceland who put up an impressive display in that tournament, we end up choking and the competition sets us apart from all the other nations of showing quality threat that they process to win major tournaments.

We are a fantastic qualifiers for major competitions but when it comes to knockout competitions in the major tournaments, that’s when we show what we really are made of, being leagues apart from the rest of the other nations.

We could put 5 teams out to qualify from that group!! However, just one that showed signs that it can compete at a higher level may make us sit up and take notice!! As DDD would mumble....same old, same old!!

I know we're a terrible under achiever in these Euro and World football tournaments, and we used to say Spain were the same didnt we, before they started to dominate from 2008 onwards.
    Now I think we have to level ourselves with Belgium, who are another team who are expected to do well but they never do, for whatever reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)