+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fracking - for or against?

Fracking - for or against?

We have no proper footie to talk about until next week so please give me your thoughts on fracking.

I think it is fracking ridiculous and congratulations to the Scottish government who have placed a total ban on what is a potential ecological disaster just waiting to happen.

It is beyond my hope and imagination that our inept, spineless, clueless, rudderless lot will find the cojones to do the same.

''Ban it '' ( Father forgive them for they know not what they do !! )

Ban it without a doubt.

And phase coal out too.

We are blessed by fantastic tides...but we do bugger all about it. Well, there is a scheme in Wales which may get things off the ground.

Why on earth do our inept, spineless, clueless, rudderless government not concentrate on renewable energy? I suppose it's because they are totally inept, spineless, clueless and rudderless!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why on earth do our inept, spineless, clueless, rudderless government not concentrate on renewable energy? I suppose it's because they are totally inept, spineless, clueless and rudderless!
    B T: You almost got it right they are simply bloody totally inept, bloody spineless,bloody clueless and ( yes you have guessed it ! ) bloody rudderless!

One of the legacies of the Lib Dems was the Green Investment Bank which was set up to fund environmental schemes including low carbon solutions.

As soon as we were chucked out the Tories privatised it.

Well it’s time for another view.
    I think it’s a good idea and would help Scotland pay its debts off. Instead we import fracked gas from the US generating money and jobs there. The Grangemouth plant was being closed but has been kept open by INEOS for 15 years to deal with imported fracked gas
    The USA has been fracking for thirty years and has hundreds of thousands of wells which are perfectly safe.
    the shale gas industry could directly create 6,000 jobs and support between 64,500 and 74,000 in the UK.
    if we don’t address energy costs for heavy industry, it will cease to exist in the UK.

Yes OC - this is a problem that should have been sorted decades ago. But our "democracy" works on 4/5 year cycles so successive Governments will not invest in long term projects.
    Result? energy shortage etc.

I live in Morecambe. We get two large tides every day. In one of these tides there is as much water entering and leaving Morecambe Bay as goes over Niagra Falls in a month.
    It would take a bath tap 20 million years to fill the Bay.
    And that happens twice every day.
    And Britain is surrounded with great tides - many much better than Morecambe Bay.
    All that free, totally predictable, totally green energy going to waste.

You do not seem to be convinced by the arguments of climate change, green energy OC. Or perhaps you realise that it will not be our generation that will be really badly effected, so we can hand the problem on to our children and grand children.

BUT...we are at a crossroads here. We can invest in clean, green energy or we can continue to pollute or planet and strip it of it's resources.

I know which I prefer.

I dont believe for a second.....that the powers that be are their to safeguard our health.

...and I'd prefer it if they used the complete word - Fracturing

"7 million Americans at risk of man-made earthquakes, USGS says"

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-10334080.html

question is....will our brains be fried by 5G/Wifi....go through cell/gene mutation from some cancer causing chemicals in our food - or suffer under the effects of radioactive contamination.....etc etc - before or after we've been fracked into oblivion ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Well it’s time for another view.
    I think it’s a good idea and would help Scotland pay its debts off. Instead we import fracked gas from the US generating money and jobs there. The Grangemouth plant was being closed but has been kept open by INEOS for 15 years to deal with imported fracked gas
    The USA has been fracking for thirty years and has hundreds of thousands of wells which are perfectly safe.
    the shale gas industry could directly create 6,000 jobs and support between 64,500 and 74,000 in the UK.
    if we don’t address energy costs for heavy industry, it will cease to exist in the UK.
    Need to disagree with you on this one OC.

The so called "Fracking Cocktails" used in hydraulic fracturing are not regulated even when they are known to enter US water supplies. These liquids are exempt from the US Safe Drinking Water Act because George Bush's old crony Dick Cheney was gifted the "Halliburton Loophole" to safeguard corrupt profits. Remember Halliburton - aka the Bush/Cheney/Blair Alliance which raided all of the Iraqi oil wells and extorted huge profits from a sovereign state they conspired to invade, destroy, rape and pillage?

Methane, benzene and formaldehyde are nasty emissions caused by and not captured when fracking, coupled with huge volumes of contaminated water jeopardizing our own UK water supplies are in my own opinion a risk too far.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)