+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Women and football

Women and football

There has always been women at football games, albeit not in the numbers we see today. My mom used to go with my dad to Albion games.
    But back then women were more reserved, they probably had a player they secretly admired, but it's hard to imagine them getting moist over the likes of Wilf Mannion, Jesse Pye or Stan Cullis.
    Today women are much more forward, and shout suggestive remarks like, "Cor, i would" at players.
    Women are no longer the timid creatures found in ********, preparing their mons tay, while they are at the game, then getting his clothes ready for a night down the werkin mons.
    Today women are totally in control of their own desires. They desire something they get it, be it a job, a pay rise, a holiday or a mon. They see it they get it.
    Whereas 60 years ago you wouldn't see unaccompanied women in a bar, today they not only enter pubs, they chat up men and buy rounds of drinks.
    I think it's feckin great.

A woman has never chatted me up in a bar, any tips des?

I'm glad I was "on the market" when I was in the late 70's to mid 80's.....I can't stand this "Ladette" culture so prevalent in British society now.

Women having punch ups,sometimes with blokes,girls vomiting in the street and using language that would make a navvy blush.

Good luck to you if you ever find yourself single again Des.

I see the Norwegian football association is paying their female footballers the same as the men....Yes it is an admirable move....but I think in general the sports wages paid across the board is way to high.Golfers...tennis players etc!!
    Massive money.....I think professional women's footballers get less but I think mens footballers get way too much...
    Knock there wages down rather then bring up the women's if you want to bring in equal pay...

Why is the word ki tchen banned? Does a woman run the site?

Kitchen???

It blocked that word out when I used it earlier this week.

It's another thing about these modern women you seem to admire Des......they think that kitchen is a dirty word!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I see the Norwegian football association is paying their female footballers the same as the men....Yes it is an admirable move....but I think in general the sports wages paid across the board is way to high.Golfers...tennis players etc!!
    Massive money.....I think professional women's footballers get less but I think mens footballers get way too much...
    Knock there wages down rather then bring up the women's if you want to bring in equal pay...
    To me that is ridiculous. They should be paid according to the number of people who watch their games. It's an entertainment business, and the top entertainers should get the top pay. Does Jim who sings down the Red Lion on a Saturday night get as much money as Adele gets for a gig?
    I am now going to type the word relating to where cooking takes place. I am intrigued. kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    To me that is ridiculous. They should be paid according to the number of people who watch their games. It's an entertainment business, and the top entertainers should get the top pay. Does Jim who sings down the Red Lion on a Saturday night get as much money as Adele gets for a gig?
    I am now going to type the word relating to where cooking takes place. I am intrigued. kitchen
    Seems to be there okay, as is Micks.
    I wonder what Des really posted

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)