+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Talking Takeover

According to the Telegraph talks have already taken place between Amanda and Toon officials,it remains to be seen which sources are accurate,the newspaper or Peterboroughs.

Aye, Ronnie, too, reporting that she met club officials after the game.

I know what Ghost means about better the devil you know and all that...but....who genuinely thinks we'll ever progress under Ashley? I mean give it a proper go? Not in Man City/Chelsea, etc, terms but like when we needed a striker this Summer as one example out of many.

As everyone knows, if someone got it right here.....

...and that person will never be Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I know what Ghost means about better the devil you know and all that...but....who genuinely thinks we'll ever progress under Ashley? I mean give it a proper go? Not in Man City/Chelsea, etc, terms but like when we needed a striker this Summer as one example out of many.

^^^
    This is my thinking also,I mean what is the point of only being solvent..When all that means is that you are a yo yo club...

ASHLEY OOT!

then let the celebrations like the ones when thatcher croaked begin!

These are continuations from the first meeting

The Chinese

I have heard on of the people is also connected to the Chinese media and football

i have a good source, and most (maybe not all) of the interest is from middle East, not far East.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    These are continuations from the first meeting

The Chinese

I have heard on of the people is also connected to the Chinese media and football
    Nowt to do with any previous meetings. This was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I know what Ghost means about better the devil you know and all that...but....who genuinely thinks we'll ever progress under Ashley?
    I mean give it a proper go? Not in Man City/Chelsea, etc, terms but like when we needed a striker this Summer as one example out of many.

I know what you mean about Ashley.
    He's not going to bankroll the club. We know this.
    He's not in the business of paying over the odds for players. We also know this.
    Basically speaking he's an owner who will never (whilst he is in charge) allow this club to die or become worthless.
    However; this seems counterproductive to how we, as fans want to see this club.
    Our mindset with today's money merry-go-round, is to want more than we are currently getting or have been getting for as long as we can remember.
    That's not a bad thing of course and we all believe we DESERVE it for what we've had to put up with.

Now here's the key.
    I'm all for Ashley vacating...IF.... we get in some owners (whoever they may be) that have the mindset to take on the big guns.....not for a 10 minute drive by but for a massive sustained attempt to win something and become as big as those they are battling against....BUT....making sure that any fail is immediately addressed and if the worst comes to the absolute worst, they leave the club and leave it in a condition where a take over, even if an Ashley came back, was viable in at least ensuring the clubs survival in the HIGHER leagues as a minimum.

Because, let's face it. If we get taken over by a bunch of chancers who fail, then this club will be about as much of a pull as a prostitute beckoning you in to having a bath with her in a sewer.

For all you sicko's out tehre....oh my word, you'll have any prossy.

Anyway, you get my gist.

I think the change is coming because £380m ( which Ashley is reported to want for the club) is not a lot in football anymore, it's the right time for Ashley to sell. There's rumours today that Harry Kane will move for €200m. Next TV deal is going to be stupid, then Google, FaceBook could compete for the following contract there will a 1 billion pound player by 10 years. It's going to happen.

forget about any sale,the c0ckney sock seller just lost his high court hearing.....if found guilty a probable point deduction comming

Faaaakin del boy strikes again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)