+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe Standing

Safe Standing

Hardy on about turning some of the kop into safe standing, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Comptonpie View Post
    Hardy on about turning some of the kop into safe standing, thoughts?
    No more wet bums and it's better for weight control and less disruption if wanted to move around for one reason or another. I miss standing despite my age.

Purely for personal reasons I wouldn't be in favour. 40 years ago I broke my ankle (motorbike) and 5 years ago tore the Achilles tendon in the same ankle (table tennis), neither injury has completely repaired so it would be the Pavis stand for me.

I'm all for it, although I'd wait until a few other English clubs have introduced it to get an idea of what problems, if any, there might be. Looks like Shrewsbury may be the first, they're currently raising funds to pay for it. Liverpool fans have backed the idea with 88% voting in favour - If any group of supporters had good reason to be against it would be them. The Hillsborough tragedy would never have happened had the fences not been there whilst the Ibrox disaster was due to the design of the exits and inadequate barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm all for it, although I'd wait until a few other English clubs have introduced it to get an idea of what problems, if any, there might be. Looks like Shrewsbury may be the first, they're currently raising funds to pay for it. Liverpool fans have backed the idea with 88% voting in favour - If any group of supporters had good reason to be against it would be them. The Hillsborough tragedy would never have happened had the fences not been there whilst the Ibrox disaster was due to the design of the exits and inadequate barriers.
    A feller I used to work with told me that the fans in their Kop were packed so tight that it was impossible to visit the toilets for a slash. They used to roll up a programme, point it to the ground and wee-wee down that. I expect that's the best use for a Forest programme too.

Seats are not 100% safe, a friend of mine got his leg trapped between the seat in font of him and concreate step to his seat in the Block Z of the Sirrel and broke his leg really bad. A few months later we were at Wembley for one of the Anglo Italian Cup finals I think it was and were waiting for him outside the pub. He never turned up and were later told he'd fallen off a roof as he was a roofer and died I can't help but believe his accident was partly to blame as he wasn't walking 100% afterwards

Standing at the bottom half of the the Kop would be good though for those that want to. Personally I prefer to sit these days but maybe because there hasn't been much to jump around to in recent years, haha!

I thought this thread was about the new non-slip floor in the men's toilets at the back of the Kop.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Seats are not 100% safe, a friend of mine got his leg trapped between the seat in font of him and concreate step to his seat in the Block Z of the Sirrel and broke his leg really bad. A few months later we were at Wembley for one of the Anglo Italian Cup finals I think it was and were waiting for him outside the pub. He never turned up and were later told he'd fallen off a roof as he was a roofer and died I can't help but believe his accident was partly to blame as he wasn't walking 100% afterwards

Standing at the bottom half of the the Kop would be good though for those that want to. Personally I prefer to sit these days but maybe because there hasn't been much to jump around to in recent years, haha!
    I would've thought the BACK of the Kop would be better.....that's where the "rowdies" like to stand anyway, no more arguing with stewards...and not obstructing those that prefer to sit?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I would've thought the BACK of the Kop would be better.....that's where the "rowdies" like to stand anyway, no more arguing with stewards...and not obstructing those that prefer to sit?
    You just don't see that happening anymore, praps the Stewards have given it up? In fact, there seems to be less stewards of late than there used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Purely for personal reasons I wouldn't be in favour. 40 years ago I broke my ankle (motorbike) and 5 years ago tore the Achilles tendon in the same ankle (table tennis), neither injury has completely repaired so it would be the Pavis stand for me.
    In my whole living memory you've always been able to sit in the stands (weird turn of phrase). So there was never a standing only option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast