+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Slovenia v Scotland

What's at fault ?

Sh*t Players - Nope

Sh*t Tactics - Nope

Sh*t Management - Nope

Sh*t Football System rotten to the core top to bottom and has been for many years - Nope

Genetics - Yes because we have no control over that and it's nothing to do with us - so not our fault !!

Brilliant thinking

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

... maybe we should give up trying to match teams technically for the next 10 years and just have a go at them.

Meanwhile teaching our youngsters to play proper football
    Ah! You mean the Motherwell/St Johnstone/Hearts tactics but forgetting the training youngster thing?

That's it

It couldn't be any less successful could it?

"Genetics" is the excuse from the lastest failure of a manager of our national team. Geriatric would have been a more appropriate excuse as our excuse of a football association and recent coaches cannot move forward with the times and not build a young team for the future. It worked for a few nations but the old dinosaurs that have anything to do with our national team stick consistently with the tried, boring, many times tested and failed approach that we keep adopting.
    Build for the next World Cup now...only players who play for their clubs regularly should be selected...no old pals act .
    Let's do something different and instead of appeasing the Largs mafia let's appoint a manager who is forward thinking and is not full of crap.
    It will probably mean a foreign coach but that can't be bad as I genuinely think we are short (no pun intended) of quality with Scottish managers.

Time for Strachan and McGhee to leave.

Strachan's comments about genetics have made us a laughing stock once again. If he really felt we needed taller players why did he not just pick taller players? Total idiot.

I love my country and I'd love to be watching a Scotland team I can get excited and passionate about, even if they're not world-beaters. This current bunch are so uninspiring - players like Whittaker, Berra, Hanley, Mulgrew, Bannon, McArthur, Philips, Martin, Fletcher and all the other dross from the English Championship that get picked are painful. Squad needs a major overhaul and only way to get it is to change manager.

Strachan is talking out of his rear end about genetics. What does he expect anyone to do about it? Is he looking for a modern day Josef Mengele?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Strachan is talking out of his rear end about genetics. What does he expect anyone to do about it? Is he looking for a modern day Josef Mengele?
    He had a thing for dwarves

There is one thing Strachan could copy about Mengele, he could go into hiding in South America.

Quote Originally Posted by welshandproud View Post
    Another so-called 'glorious' failure eh?

Well, you can take the word 'glorious' off it really.

Never mind, I sure you'll give us your full support when we qualify.

Hemmin

Was that you on the telly, greetin?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    "Genetics" is the excuse from the lastest failure of a manager of our national team. Geriatric would have been a more appropriate excuse as our excuse of a football association and recent coaches cannot move forward with the times and not build a young team for the future. It worked for a few nations but the old dinosaurs that have anything to do with our national team stick consistently with the tried, boring, many times tested and failed approach that we keep adopting.
    Build for the next World Cup now...only players who play for their clubs regularly should be selected...no old pals act .
    Let's do something different and instead of appeasing the Largs mafia let's appoint a manager who is forward thinking and is not full of crap.
    It will probably mean a foreign coach but that can't be bad as I genuinely think we are short (no pun intended) of quality with Scottish managers.
    Ian Cathro fits the bill and is available last I heard 🤔

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast