+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nolan's team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Strange that I agree with you Laxton.
    Hewitt at Exeter along with many others was outstanding.
    The team picked to start played as a team.
    Maybe the mix was right and since then things have gone pear shaped a little..
    I don't think knee jerk reactions are needed
    However Shola and Hewitt should start our next game
    Then if they have a crap game Nolan will be criticised for picking them, especially Hewitt, he can't win with some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    It's the third time this season that we've conceded the first goal and the third time we've failed to win. We seem to struggle when going behind in a game.
    Statistically speaking you cannot lose a game without going behind.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Statistically speaking you cannot lose a game without going behind.
    Bayern Munich in the champions league final against Chelsea would beg to differ .

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Nolan needs our backing today wasn’t a great result but in league two the gap between top and bottom isn’t huge these results happen.

I hope regardless Nolan stays for a full season only way I see him leaving is if a bigger club comes in for him we need to stick with someone and most can tell he is a level above most managers we have had for years
    I quite agree. We need a reality check here. We are 2nd in the league after 1/4 of a season with 26 points, have won 8 of our opening 12 games and have only lost once at home in 2017. That would be 99 points in a season!

We might be in the basement but we have zero right of entitlement to beat anyone comprehensively in this league and we will not brush aside teams week in and week out. Every game and team we play will need to be treated with the respect that their football league status warrants.

All I'm bothered about is getting promoted out of this league. I don't care how we perform in games as long as we get results which is what we have been doing. The table is based on points and managers keep or lose their job on this basis.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Then if they have a crap game Nolan will be criticised for picking them, especially Hewitt, he can't win with some fans.
    A football manager makes decisions.
    When he gets them right he is great.
    When he gets them wrong he's not so great.
    What's fickle about that??
    i do think that several players over the last two games have been below average in there performances and lacked the effort that would of seen a better outcome.
    Having said all of that it has not stopped me traveling around the country watching Notts county so far this season.
    Every game attended.
    And give 100% vocally by backing.
    We have made great progress and I still believe we haven't reached the peak of our ability.
    So when this happens we are in for a treat.
    Can't please some eh��

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I quite agree. We need a reality check here. We are 2nd in the league after 1/4 of a season with 26 points, have won 8 of our opening 12 games and have only lost once at home in 2017. That would be 99 points in a season!

We might be in the basement but we have zero right of entitlement to beat anyone comprehensively in this league and we will not brush aside teams week in and week out. Every game and team we play will need to be treated with the respect that their football league status warrants.

All I'm bothered about is getting promoted out of this league. I don't care how we perform in games as long as we get results which is what we have been doing. The table is based on points and managers keep or lose their job on this basis.
    Wot he says ^^^^^^

Away with all the negativity and moaning & minging.

Onwards and Upwards, now who said that I wonder.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345