+ Visit Norwich City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How Long do you Think FM will last?

How Long do you Think FM will last?

Having had a pop around the Forums, its clear that FM is slowly dying on its arse, DM was one of the more active boards and as we all know there seems to be an effort to kill that stone dead, can't imagine many posters will continue if Googlechild's allowed to post the crap he does.

So how long before this whole site dies? I give it a couple of years at the most.

Judging by this site and the way ours is going...not long.
    Not sure why.

The why is because the next generation have moved onto different allegedly better forms of social media. Personally i have no interest in ****ter instagram snapchat etc but my kids use them all the time.

Even the abomination Faecesbook has largely become passe to that generation and more for the council house mums than the council house kids it was aimed at. It is surviving but not thriving in UK although globally still strong.

This is another reason to doubt R4JDDD validity. If it is the ignorant juvenile that it portrays, it too would be all over more modern forms of social media suitable for the age group and would not be trawling websites to post and misinterpret links. It would be ****ting all the time and citing its own ****s.
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 08-10-2017 at 09:25 AM.

I'm not entirely IT illiterate but have no interest in Facebook and Instagram etc, preferring to live my life rather than write about it.
    There must surely still be enough likeminded individuals aged 50+ to keep a specific interest forum going.
    Strange how in some places, Barnsley and Sheffield to name but two, FM seems to thrive while in others (e.g. Norwich before our arrival) it is totally dead.
    There are enough regular posters - Andy, mac, mista, MoP, OTR, KCG, Baalocks, Manx, Adi, MadAmster, Whiteram, DCFCA(?) along with the four on here - to maintain the forum and I'm sure others might return, as B&W has already intimated, if the forum was properly managed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'm not entirely IT illiterate but have no interest in Facebook and Instagram etc, preferring to live my life rather than write about it.
    There must surely still be enough likeminded individuals aged 50+ to keep a specific interest forum going.
    Strange how in some places, Barnsley and Sheffield to name but two, FM seems to thrive while in others (e.g. Norwich before our arrival) it is totally dead.
    There are enough regular posters - Andy, mac, mista, MoP, OTR, KCG, Baalocks, Manx, Adi, MadAmster, Whiteram, DCFCA(?) along with the four on here - to maintain the forum and I'm sure others might return, as B&W has already intimated, if the forum was properly managed.
    All it requires is for us to put the double identitiy poster onto ignore, resist the urge to respond in any way and hey ho the Forum will be back. Sure for a while it will be full of ignore posts, but it wont take long for the fisherman to leave if the bait is ignored!

Your right Rog, it is odd that a sub 30 year old - albeit one who has a degree (not in english obvs) and their own business to be on a forum like this one can only assume he has no mates elsewhere to interact with on other social media, mind you what does that say about us?

But you can't put him on ignore, we'd have nothing to laugh at, just look at his recent post on DM

This is true - the mixture of illiteracy, arrogance and malapropisms is compelling and frustrating in equal measure. I really wish he was a real person as humanity could learn so much from experimenting on him

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    This is true - the mixture of illiteracy, arrogance and malapropisms is compelling and frustrating in equal measure. I really wish he was a real person as humanity could learn so much from experimenting on him
    A mixture of 'illiteracy, arrogance and malapropisms'. Now let me think...who does that remind me of?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    A mixture of 'illiteracy, arrogance and malapropisms'. Now let me think...who does that remind me of?

I see rat has returned and predictably its everyone elses fault but googlechilds that the Forum is full of bickering and thats what has driven posters away, hmm the Emperors new clothes springs to mind.

I shall not revisit there now, its a farce, here are these "new" posters that supposedly wanted to join but were put off by the regulars? Why does googlechild have complete immunity from avoiding the swear filter, libelling people and spamming (a frequent occurrence as he often posts multiple consecutive posts)?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)