+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strachan

Strachan

I’d rather not wait until the morning for your resignation so please do the right thing and quit now. Needing a win and you sit in with fletcher and fatty McArthur? Disgraceful

I'm just delighted that the international football is over with for another good while, canna stand it.

No interest what so ever.

At least I'll now enjoy the World Cup.

Time for GS to go imo. think hes done as much as he cant tbh. last two groups we've had decent opportunities to get through it but haven't. A better manager would have won tonight. We were always playing catch up from the start we had, managed to fluke a few results then only the last two games had we actually looked decent but then returned to previous form tonight.

1-0 at HT v a team who had nothing to play for and we some how manage to f it up.

my worry is that the 2nd half of the group will be enough for the SFA to give him another 3year deal no doubt.

Also if we GS does go, who would be his replacement? no one jumps out as being a decent enough shout. Moyes? Mcleish? Mackay? Lambert? all guys who's Reputations are low.

Terrible decisions from him tonight added to the terrible decisions early in the campaign (which saw us draw at home to Lithuania) has meant that taking 14 pts from the last 18 has not been enough to get second

Frustrating as he simply hasn't utilised the players he had available, wasting guys like Forrest, Calum McGregor and McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Time for GS to go imo. think hes done as much as he cant tbh. last two groups we've had decent opportunities to get through it but haven't. A better manager would have won tonight. We were always playing catch up from the start we had, managed to fluke a few results then only the last two games had we actually looked decent but then returned to previous form tonight.

1-0 at HT v a team who had nothing to play for and we some how manage to f it up.

my worry is that the 2nd half of the group will be enough for the SFA to give him another 3year deal no doubt.

Also if we GS does go, who would be his replacement? no one jumps out as being a decent enough shout. Moyes? Mcleish? Mackay? Lambert? all guys who's Reputations are low.
    Strachan is an arrogant prickly cantankerous wee p rick and I would have said that whether we went through or went out. He's obviously got some personality issues. Also I think there must have been some personal issue with the Sheep or McInnes since none of their players ever get in the squad. If that is the case it's disgraceful that a personal squabble comes before the best available team.

He failed to start our best striker in the first 3 games! He started Hanley when Berra and Mulgrew were available.
    He persisted tonight with Phillips who was shocking on Thursday, and surprise surprise was again tonight. Forrest wasn't great on Thursday but surely should have started tonight in front of Phillips. Can't get my head round that at all.
    We definitely missed Armstrong, but our midfield without him is so uninspiring. McCarthur Morrison, no forward drive and no flair. We have looked much better in the last few games, and if he'd made the right decisions at the start of the campaign we would have had more time between now and the finals to improve. Now we'll never know.

But if they do sack him or he does resign I've no idea who would do better.

i personally dont like GS not just because hes not got us qualified or anything just in general. he has that smug arrogance about him that he feels like he's untouchable. we lose a game, he makes some stupid little comment that makes a dig at people. if we win hes all cocky and smug with a very "i told you so" attitude.

he constantly plays guys who aren't on form or are not even playing for their team and over guys who should be at least in the squad. the whole aberdeen thing is sneaky af. in the last few years have been the 2nd best team in the country and yet none of their players could get into the squad never mind the team? guys like Armstrong who were doing the business at united week in week out needed to wait until they signed for celtic before they got anywhere near the squad.

Celtic have been dominate over the last year or so under Rodgers. even though some of us dont like it the majority of the team should have been celtic players as they have been on form and have that winning mentality. took him a few games before he even wanted to try Griffiths. Mcgregor needs to be scoring 6goals every week before he gets a game. yet guys like Morrison/Mcarthur/bannan/Fletcher are always picked when they arent performing or have had their chance before.

time for a fresh new look on everything. some of the guys in the squad shouldnt be back in the team unless they are doing unbelievable for their clubs. the whole things stale imo.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    I’d rather not wait until the morning for your resignation so please do the right thing and quit now. Needing a win and you sit in with fletcher and fatty McArthur? Disgraceful
    Strachan’s teas oot! Time to go....

GS certainly is a bit smug. Last few matches have been better though.

The euros are a massive chance to qualify as so many teams involved now.

I’m not sure that trying another manager who has had a mix of success and failure - like moyes, lambert etc is going to help. Perhaps we give GS this last chance as the players do seem behind him right now

1-0 at HT against a team with nothing to play for. Second half just need at the very least to be solid. The two goals we concede are an absolute joke at any level.
    Having gone to 1-1 and with the ship sinking fast Strachan tells McGinn to warm up, he dithers, dithers and dithers, Slovenia score and it's Snodgrass and Fletcher on.
    Well too little too late you wee ginger, scrotum face muppet.
    Oh and I look forward to his defensive, cryptic press conference where he tells us all phuck all other than he's having a cheese sandwich tonight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)