+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League Match 9: Doonhamers vs. Pars

League Match 9: Doonhamers vs. Pars

Queens entertain Pars this weekend after a long sabbatical from Palmerston to complete the first quarter but can Queens end with 14 points?

Stephen Finnie is the referee for this match.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Queens entertain Pars this weekend after a long sabbatical from Palmerston to complete the first quarter but can Queens end with 14 points?

Stephen Finnie is the referee for this match.
    Magic Johnstone made it quite clear in the press that promotion is his number one priority as with 5 players missing on international duty last week he could have had their IRNBru cup tie postponed but didn't bother so with his Pars side back at full strength this will be a difficult game for Queens.

Sums up how much bigger the Pars are than us with these international's missing. However , we are not a bad side if tinkerman selects a balanced team and tells them to go on the attack. Looking forward to it and I think this will be played like a cup tie with a good atmosphere.

As long as Queens don't lose a goal like the Pars last visit to Palmerston.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Sums up how much bigger the Pars are than us with these international's missing. However , we are not a bad side if tinkerman selects a balanced team and tells them to go on the attack. Looking forward to it and I think this will be played like a cup tie with a good atmosphere.

Dunfermline will probably bring down a good support tomorrow despite losing their last two matches . They like to attack so our defence is no doubt in for a torrid time.
    Any word on Derek Lyle ? Was he rested last weekend or did he sit out with an injury ?

Should be over the 2,000 mark for this one if it doesnay rain. We seem to struggle to beat teams from the top half of the league though!

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Dunfermline will probably bring down a good support tomorrow despite losing their last two matches . They like to attack so our defence is no doubt in for a torrid time.
    Any word on Derek Lyle ? Was he rested last weekend or did he sit out with an injury ?
    I don't know why Lyle is missing mate . Looking forward to the game. Let's get behind the South !

Great to have a home match again to finish the first quarter and its good to hear that Lyle is back in the squad as he is usually good to score against Dunfermline.

Over the 90 minutes I would say that Queens were the best of two poor teams but rarely looked liked scoring.If you don't score you cannot win,so a draw seems alright.

dykes just aint going to cut it for me ,yes he wins his fair share in the air but there aimless ,and jakobs is all busy in the central mid but with no technique nothing more than a break up player for me ,we need sum class in there and rankin well he should be doing far better than what im seeing from him ,not penitrating enough cant have 2 sitters in the centre of the park ,we need a cutting edge in there ,someone who gets the head down and goes at players ,i cant see where the goals are going to come from apart from dobbie and lyles contribution this season ,but as wee see if there both off it a bit then we struggle .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 14-10-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)