+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Allardice as a Central Defender/Sweeper?

Scott Allardice as a Central Defender/Sweeper?

Any time I've seen the laddie, it's always been at a game, but I've always been impressed by his apparent calmness on the ball and that he's always looking to pick a pass.

Although I watched Saturday's game on ALBA, I liked the look of him in the centre of defence. He seemed to be switched on pretty well positionally and I liked him coming out with the ball from defence, as that gives any team an advantage. What about Scott sweeping ahent Mark Durnan as the marker?

I agree, think he'd complement a harder centre half very well. This is the way it always tended to be for the most successful centre half partnerships in the past.

Though he played ok but also thought he looked slow at times in first half? Maybe just me

I think we've got a player.
    The Irn Bru is giving him an opportunity to showcase himself.
    I was also very impressed with Ritchie, Taylor and Chalmers for his 25 mins as a subbie & matchwinner.
    A very pleasing performance.

He's looked ok, but the level of opposition has been woeful.

I think he is improving and that game and hi performance will, hopefully ,do his confidence the world of good. Well done.

his pace is an issue - he was pulling a caravan at times.

dont worry i dont expect the happy clappers to see these things

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    his pace is an issue - he was pulling a caravan at times.

dont worry i dont expect the happy clappers to see these things

He would fit in perfectly then with a 4 x 4 and two formation!

I'm no happy clapper but give credit when it's due no great fan of Allardice just felt he improved from the last time I saw him 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Shed69 View Post
    I'm no happy clapper but give credit when it's due no great fan of Allardice just felt he improved from the last time I saw him ��
    Aye true he did play better and its a positive amongst my fellow game attendees i was only one to pick fault.

Miserable bstard that I am ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)