shopify analytics
+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad will our punishment be?

how bad will our punishment be?

if the tax avoidance / fraud is as bad as is being reported?

I can't believe this isn't being discussed more!

I think we will be relegated and hit with a transfer embargo and a large fine.

Ashley isn't prepared to put any money in, so we are fecked!

i.am.genuinely worried about this, it seems it is going to escalate somewhat

Honestly no idea, Mick.

You can't believe the club would be so stupid as to try to defraud the taxman given how high profile a business football is. You start thinking 'there's no smoke without fire' so maybe the best we can hope for is that it's like those celebs who were castigated for tax avoidance rather than tax evasion, i.e. unethical but not illegal.

If it's as bad as some suggest then you'd think relegation, a huuuuge fine and a transfer embargo is definitely on the cards.

How long do these things take to work their way through the system? Anyone know?

i didnt think they were allowed to use any eveidence seized from the offices

apparently they didnt break any rules
    but apparently what they did seize cant be used in court

depends how many and which clubs are involved imo...if west ham and chelsea are involved in the deals then a fine imo,but if it's just us then a 5-9 point deduction.

lets hope the punish ashley,charney and lambias and not the club by jailing them 3 chancers.

they wanna be raking through every clubs books if this is the "tip of the ice berg" as they called it

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Why not? the warrants have been found legal...

Get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.M.R.C. has more powers than the police.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.M.R.C. has more powers than the police.
    True but they can't deduct points can they.That would be up to the prem,it will be very interesting to see what they do..
    If it is just tax evasion on the 1.9 mill dodgy agent fee,they wouldnt dare.Imagine the can of worms that would be opened then..
    The prem should take action against agents and their practises...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    True but they can't deduct points can they.That would be up to the prem,it will be very interesting to see what they do..
    If it is just tax evasion on the 1.9 mill dodgy agent fee,they wouldnt dare.Imagine the can of worms that would be opened then..
    The prem should take action against agents and their practises...
    No Ash, I was referring to Pboro's inane remark that HMRC can't use evidence seized from the offices.

If we get a points deduction and another of Ashley's famous relegations ensues I wonder what Pboro's justification of Ashley will be then.

the club failed in its bid to stop the HMRC from using evidence seized.

the feeling now is that the club's crimes are far far worse than 1st thought.

the F.A. and the premier league can issue their own sanctions, but they will probably wait until the legal side of things is sorted.

Swindon were relegated, Rangers were triple relegated...

I imagine there are accountants and directors at most prem clubs currently sh1tt1ng themselves because NUFC cannot be the only club guilty of this.

I still think we will be made an example of....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    the club failed in its bid to stop the HMRC from using evidence seized.

the feeling now is that the club's crimes are far far worse than 1st thought.

the F.A. and the premier league can issue their own sanctions, but they will probably wait until the legal side of things is sorted.

Swindon were relegated, Rangers were triple relegated...

I imagine there are accountants and directors at most prem clubs currently sh1tt1ng themselves because NUFC cannot be the only club guilty of this.

I still think we will be made an example of....
    Rangers evaded paying tax on 47 mill,we are looking at tax evasion on 1.9mill,there is a stark difference and to make an example of someone there has to be a someone..West Ham and clubs in France were also raided and we were the only ones to contest the warrants.This has put the focus of the media on "us",I dont condone anything that has happened but I dont think its as serious as the Southern press are making out...Why arent they saying things like "10 years of West Ham transfers under the microscope"
    because they dont even know if the HMRC are investigating ten years of NUFC transfers..But they print it and a lot of numpties believe whatevers in the papers...

The tax office cannot use the evidence seized until after the appeal has been heard

they cant even review it or use it in their appeal

they cant even hold any of it against the toon in its appeal

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.m.r.c. Has more powers than the police.
    you get real plastic
    they have the material and cannot even look at it until nufc have had their appeal

the tax office do not have more powers than the police
    that is a load of old wives tales
    they arent even preferential creditors now

they have only as much power as anyone wishing to get a warrant for a seizure of eveidence

they have to go to the same courts and get the same warrant

im pretty sure the club lost its appeal last week.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    im pretty sure the club lost its appeal last week.
    That was their hearing,they can appeal against the findings like..Not sure if they have though

Where did the press get their figures from? Some are saying taxes on 500 million of transfers between 2011 and 2014,that's a joke for a start.
    As for point deductions that is normally if a club goes into receivership owing the taxman as well as others.The taxman was into me for 2000 not paid on my pensions,I had kept all my P60s and although the money was owed it was their fault for not taking it and I didn't pay a penny.Their admin failure not mine.Lets hope the Toon pays up if they owe and its all sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Where did the press get their figures from? Some are saying taxes on 500 million of transfers between 2011 and 2014,that's a joke for a start.
    As for point deductions that is normally if a club goes into receivership owing the taxman as well as others.The taxman was into me for 2000 not paid on my pensions,I had kept all my P60s and although the money was owed it was their fault for not taking it and I didn't pay a penny.Their admin failure not mine.Lets hope the Toon pays up if they owe and its all sorted.
    The Toon have been involved in 500m of transfers in ten years since fatpuss took over,then the scum press get this figure which is real..Then the fecking parasites print "mebbes the tax man is investigating all of these transfers"..kernts..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    That was their hearing,they can appeal against the findings like..Not sure if they have though
    they have appealed

and whilst the appeal is being prepaired no evidence seized can be opened or even looked at

if the toon wins its appeal at the way it was seized it will all be returned

the fact charnley was arrested and released without charge tells me something

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    has ash spent 500 mill on transfers
    or is that the whole cases involving the other clubs etc

is this what is holding up the takeover ????

my information is, certain interested parties would be more likely to buy the club now, as they see Ashley and his parasite cronies in a position of weakness.

there is also a feeling (amongst the middle East interested parties) that if they buy now, the individuals concerned would be pursued by the tax man, not the club.

has ash spent 500 mill on transfers
    or is that the whole cases involving the other clubs etc

is this what is holding up the takeover ????
    That figure is the Toons transfers in ten years..That means bought and sold....
    When did they file their appeal? your the only one that seems to know...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast