+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England

England

I know we say this most games but. . .

They are playing crap.

I'm predicted 3 games at World Cup, maybe 4 if we're very lucky with our group.

unless we come up with a miracle and the people who choose the team open their eyes towards what they consider untouchables

I could only bear 30 minutes of watching that sh!te today.

its the same old story with England, the media darlings get picked. A lot of questionable selections over the past 15-20 years, that in turn has taken the shine off playing for England and it takes nowt to get a call up. **** me Sven picked a kid who had never kicked a ball in the first team. We wont make it out of the group stage at the world cup, the power men will persevere with their manager and the methods.
    The world cup side Bobby or Venables, even Hoddle put out were exciting to watch and looked like they were trying, this bunch are useless

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    its the same old story with England, the media darlings get picked. A lot of questionable selections over the past 15-20 years, that in turn has taken the shine off playing for England and it takes nowt to get a call up. **** me Sven picked a kid who had never kicked a ball in the first team. We wont make it out of the group stage at the world cup, the power men will persevere with their manager and the methods.
    The world cup side Bobby or Venables, even Hoddle put out were exciting to watch and looked like they were trying, this bunch are useless
    They have never had a proven manager since those days. We'll never get anywhere until we get a National Manager who has had experience and has vision.

I have never been a follower of the national team,as a kid nobody I knew in Wallsend seem bothered either,it was considered by many to be a team from London.When England won the World Cup the celebrations all seemed to be down south,most pubs didn't have TVs so I watched it at home,my dad was at the pub and then the bookies,when he come home he asked me what game was on the box.I went out that night and there was no celebrations whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I have never been a follower of the national team,as a kid nobody I knew in Wallsend seem bothered either,it was considered by many to be a team from London.When England won the World Cup the celebrations all seemed to be down south,most pubs didn't have TVs so I watched it at home,my dad was at the pub and then the bookies,when he come home he asked me what game was on the box.I went out that night and there was no celebrations whatsoever.
    I remember those attitudes too Mick and as kids the only International game we looked forward to was against Scotland.

My dad's family came from Antrim and I enjoyed watching the Northern Ireland side in the 1958 World Cup finals in Sweden although I only saw highlights.I knew all their best players from watching them for their League clubs.Peter McParland,Jimmy McIlroy,Billy Bingham,Danny Blanchflower,Derek Dougan,most of them could have got in the England side.

maybe the west end was different, or perhaps just our family - we always watched England games that were on tele.

I remember sitting watching the world cup final and the celebrations when we won. pretty low key to what they would be today - but definitely exciting for us.

I'm convinced whoever is manager of England, is either just a figurehead or becomes possesed by some dark force..
    I think we have a very technical bunch of good players dont get me wrong,why then does the reletively young Gareth decide to play exactly the same shoite as the dinosaur that is Woy.I havent a clue? but something must be ganning on.FFS
    We are light years behind some countries re. coaching etc..
    Have a read of this..
    http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf-speak...migeul-molina/
    I dont know how long he had to respond from questions to answers but he obviously had his thesaurus at hand...
    If anybody has been reading the Ronnies two parter on Rafas aproach to coaching,you cant fail to see the resemblance and fundemental beliefs..Ive always thought that, there cant be that much difference between professional footballers skill wise whatever league they are currently playing in..Some might be a bit quicker than others/some are hard as nails and less injury prone etc..
    Think St Georges park is a white elephant until our out-dated and arrogant beliefs are changed..

Oh and could someone please shoot Glenn Hoddle before the next match,the mans a lunatic...Two minutes of listening to his crap I have to turn off...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)