+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how bad will our punishment be?

The tax office cannot use the evidence seized until after the appeal has been heard

they cant even review it or use it in their appeal

they cant even hold any of it against the toon in its appeal

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.m.r.c. Has more powers than the police.
    you get real plastic
    they have the material and cannot even look at it until nufc have had their appeal

the tax office do not have more powers than the police
    that is a load of old wives tales
    they arent even preferential creditors now

they have only as much power as anyone wishing to get a warrant for a seizure of eveidence

they have to go to the same courts and get the same warrant

im pretty sure the club lost its appeal last week.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    im pretty sure the club lost its appeal last week.
    That was their hearing,they can appeal against the findings like..Not sure if they have though

Where did the press get their figures from? Some are saying taxes on £500 million of transfers between 2011 and 2014,that's a joke for a start.
    As for point deductions that is normally if a club goes into receivership owing the taxman as well as others.The taxman was into me for £2000 not paid on my pensions,I had kept all my P60s and although the money was owed it was their fault for not taking it and I didn't pay a penny.Their admin failure not mine.Lets hope the Toon pays up if they owe and its all sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Where did the press get their figures from? Some are saying taxes on £500 million of transfers between 2011 and 2014,that's a joke for a start.
    As for point deductions that is normally if a club goes into receivership owing the taxman as well as others.The taxman was into me for £2000 not paid on my pensions,I had kept all my P60s and although the money was owed it was their fault for not taking it and I didn't pay a penny.Their admin failure not mine.Lets hope the Toon pays up if they owe and its all sorted.
    The Toon have been involved in £500m of transfers in ten years since fatpuss took over,then the scum press get this figure which is real..Then the fecking parasites print "mebbes the tax man is investigating all of these transfers"..kernts..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    That was their hearing,they can appeal against the findings like..Not sure if they have though
    they have appealed

and whilst the appeal is being prepaired no evidence seized can be opened or even looked at

if the toon wins its appeal at the way it was seized it will all be returned

the fact charnley was arrested and released without charge tells me something

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    has ash spent 500 mill on transfers
    or is that the whole cases involving the other clubs etc

is this what is holding up the takeover ????

my information is, certain interested parties would be more likely to buy the club now, as they see Ashley and his parasite cronies in a position of weakness.

there is also a feeling (amongst the middle East interested parties) that if they buy now, the individuals concerned would be pursued by the tax man, not the club.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    has ash spent 500 mill on transfers
    or is that the whole cases involving the other clubs etc

is this what is holding up the takeover ????
    That figure is the Toons transfers in ten years..That means bought and sold....
    When did they file their appeal? your the only one that seems to know...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)