+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Match 9: Doonhamers vs. Pars

I thought Kerr was Man of the Match by a long way.

yep albertz the central defence was prob the only plus in the game for me ,this league looks really week and wouldnt take much to take it by scruf of neck ,iv about seen them all now and all seem very poor .

Have to say I disagree with the remarks on here.

I thought both teams had a real go on Saturday and on another day we could have had a few goals from both sides.

Queens definitely more than edged the match, - I would say by 55 to 45 % - but in the last 10 minutes it would have been an absolute travesty if either team had won, - as both sides put in a hell of an effort.

I have only two gripes: firstly the completely unnecessary booking for hauling down the Dunfermline player wide on the touchline; - and secondly, Dobbie (in particular) over-playing in front of goal.

There was one clear cut opportunity when Dobbs took a touch and tried to turn his man, - when he should just have taken a strike on goal.

That's just about every home match this season that Queens could and should have been out of sight in the first half, - but they tend to over pass in the final third.

Don't get me wrong, - I love to see one touch pass and move football, - but within 20 yards of goal that one touch should be a smack at the target, not a ***** footing piss take allowing the defence to block.

So may I propose that the strikers spend a little extra time literally shooting on goal during training rather than trying that lovely, cute supplementary pass, which looks great, - but doesn't translate into points on the board?

Trainers may argue that touch and possession is all important in training games, - but I'd rather see the ball blasted out of the park every two minutes than pretty passing in front of goal.

If players are not encouraged to shoot in training, - then they wont be able to when it comes to the real thing, - and I'm convinced that those small sided, one touch practice games are to blame for our lack of goals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)