+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: On Topic Thread Shock Horror

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On Topic Thread Shock Horror

OK enough of this, back to footy

I don't know most of you, so please tell me

When you went to your first Derby match
    The last derby legend you saw away from the ground
    If you wear replica kit out in public (ie not on matchday)

Me?

Boxing Day '68 3-2 versus Middlesborough, and thanks to two weddings and a week in Tenby the first 14 games I saw were all victories, the run broken by a defeat to Man city nearly ten months later.

Last Ram? Roy McFarland holding court in The Yard. Before that, Barry Butlin, who bought a copy of my book off me at a school winter fair

I never wear anything with writing on, so no (conservative old fart)

Anyone?

Sept' 1972 v Tottenham...but didn't start 'supporting' them till Sept' 1988.

Steve Powell working at Derby College.

Never ever. Modern football kits should never be worn by people beyond their late thirties, with a waste size in excess of 32'' and less than acceptable personal hygiene imo. (Afraid I fail on the first two!)

Game in 1963 but cannot remember the opponents for certain, but I think it was Cardiff City.

Met Raich Carter in Hull once. Real gent.

81/82 v Charlton score 1-1 goals scorer Frank Sheridan.

Met with Mark Wright here on the Isle of Man last summer. He was over for a soccer school my friend was involved in.

Never worn a shirt unless I was playing.

Topical stuff Andy, I'm over for Forest game at weekend and whilst I spent my first game sat on one of the Ossie upper tier seats that had not been ripped out, my boy (Charlie George) will be attending his first game in the hospitality suite on Sunday aged 3 - he will be sporting a shirt!

Great stuff Manx, start 'em young!!
    My first match was in 1955, ain't foggiest who or what the score was! My Uncle Tom took me in the Normo Upper Tier and, bless him, I was hooked!
    Me and my mates used to often meet McGovern and his brother in the Pennine Hotel but my overriding memory is an evening in the company of 'ole bighead' in the Broadway when I'd popped in with my brother. I drooled over every word that left his lips!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)