+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: In January..........

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    A wrong appointment is a wrong appointment but will have varying degrees of impact on the club. Get the appointment of the tea lady wrong and its probably no biggie. On the other hand appoint a crap manager and well........I think it speaks for itself.
    In the end it's the players who make or break the manager and the man at the top....although the man at the top seems to last forever

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    In the end it's the players who make or break the manager and the man at the top....although the man at the top seems to last forever
    There's a chain of command though Chips-owner-chief exec- manager- players.

All are ultimately accountable to, and the responsibilty of, the owner, through the line management.When there are no sanctions available to remove the owner then he will last as long as he wants.

His only way out is to sell but, if you've devalued the club's standing and/or impose ridiculous conditions on the sale then you reap that reward with a lack of buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

All are ultimately accountable to, and the responsibilty of, the owner, through the line management.When there are no sanctions available to remove the owner then he will last as long as he wants.

His only way out is to sell but, if you've devalued the club's standing and/or impose ridiculous conditions on the sale then you reap that reward with a lack of buyers.
    King Kev hasn't devalued the BLADES in't last 18months tho has he? He brilliantly appointed Tufty,the team then got 100points last season and even a grumpy owd chuff like you must admit we've started alr8 this season or did you need us to win every game before admittin we've had a decent start? UTCB

I think our standing is as high as the season the last time we left the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I think our standing is as high as the season the last time we left the Premier League.
    That goes without saying Chippy.

I think what TT is saying is that it shouldn’t have taken a club of our support and standing a decade including 6 years in league one to get back to we were in 2007 if the powers that be had got their act together and I agree with him. I don’t buy into the Lady Luck turns her back on us again and again blather. There’s an element of luck of course, but it’s mainly been down to poor decisions, bad timing and a lack of focus, consistently and direction from the top down.

Yes the ground is fantastic and the club has done right by the fan’s price-wise, but I couldn’t have given away my season ticket a couple of years ago because we were shocking on the pitch. Credit to McCabe and the board for appointing Wilder, but they had to get something major right eventually, and I still feel that our success is despite the backing he’s had as opposed to because of it and that there’s probably only Chris could have achieved what we’ve done in the style that we have. UTB.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

I think what TT is saying is that it shouldn’t have taken a club of our support and standing a decade including 6 years in league one to get back to we were in 2007 if the powers that be had got their act together and I agree with him. I don’t buy into the Lady Luck turns her back on us again and again blather. There’s an element of luck of course, but it’s mainly been down to poor decisions, bad timing and a lack of focus, consistently and direction from the top down.

Yes the ground is fantastic and the club has done right by the fan’s price-wise, but I couldn’t have given away my season ticket a couple of years ago because we were shocking on the pitch. Credit to McCabe and the board for appointing Wilder, but they had to get something major right eventually, and I still feel that our success is despite the backing he’s had as opposed to because of it and that there’s probably only Chris could have achieved what we’ve done in the style that we have. UTB.
    How many of the appointments since Warnock(Robson apart)were condemned by the majority of fans tho Gray? Perhaps Wilson cos of his pig connections,but there weren't many moans up to Ched Evans gettin porridge,Weir turned out to be a disaster but i dint see many condemnin the appointment when it was made,same wi Cloughie and my word then came POS NIGE,alot thought it was a good appointment.Obviously 6 years in league one is far too many but to lay the blame at one fella's door(as some do) is wrong in my view,especially when some(Not just TT) don't wanna give the same fella praise for appointin Tufty.Anyway back to BDBL today and i'm delighted to be goin to watch our lads,enjoy BLADES.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

100% agree GB

The relative recent success is in spite of, not becauseof, the owner.

Rod, whilst your eternal optimism and love of the Blades shines through, your short termist view, clinging to the recent success and praising it maniacally to the hilt, renders your point of view unbalanced and lacking in objectivity.

We are ALL delighted by CW's influence, enthusiasm, desire and results which are in sharp contrast to the last decade and, maybe the paucity of those times ( except for the odd cup run), is what emphasises that.

To bang on about the appointment as though McC has discovered and unwound the key to the mysteries of the universe is plainly at odds with all the evidence.

100% agree GB

Rod, whilst your eternal optimism and love of the Blades shines through, your short termist view, clinging to the recent success and praising it maniacally to the hilt, renders your point of view unbalanced and lacking in objectivity.

We are ALL delighted by CW's influence, enthusiasm, desire and results which are in sharp contrast to the last decade and, maybe the paucity of those times ( except for the odd cup run), is what emphasises that.

To bang on about the appointment as though McC has discovered and unwound the key to the mysteries of the universe is plainly at odds with all the evidence.
    Let's be honest TT - the truth lies somewhere in the middle between your opinion and mine/Rods........
    UTB - just seen my lucky Saturday magpie - good omen

100% agree GB

Let's be honest TT - the truth lies somewhere in the middle between your opinion and mine/Rods........

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    On the seesaw of life the middle you refer to is much closer to my end of the seating Aya.

As I said the other day I have played a part in some of my posts but that does not mean all of my criticism has become invalid or wrong.

Football wise McC's reign has been much more malignant than benign.

Hope the magpie is still flying around 17.00.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast