+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In January..........

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    I think that if Tufty has sold his vision of the revolution right to Brooksy, then we may keep hold of him a while longer than we think. If he thinks about it in a sensible way, he'll be playing in the shop window a lot more with us thus pushing his already large transfer fee (+ our 20% sell on when he signs for Real ) even higher, along with which will come automatically higher wages. Win win for all parties.
    The other way of thinking though is to suggest that we will sell him against Wilders wishes regardless. Wilders statements on Ched Evans are ignored so as to blame McCabe solely for the signing ( although sugar coated by holding back from saying Wilder is actually lying, the One of our own strong man whose principles would make him walk should he be forced to do something against his will somehow becomes a club patsy when the chance to slate McCabe comes along.) so it'll be no different when Brooks is eventually sold.

It's just bad luck that some Blades haven't made multi millions in their careers and could then show us exactly how a football club our size should be run.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Please, please, please do not tempt fate Wavy.

Many a true word etcetera- remember McC is not well known for learning from his previous errors.
    Amazing that he's such a successful businessman then

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Shhhh. Don't get too far from the script, Aya.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post

That was all just good luck. Like getting Wilder.

Bad luck doesn't count.

wilder saying in interview that 'brooksy's goin nowhere in january' could mean everyone agrees if sold hell stay on loan till
    end of season.that way nobody is talkin with forked tongue !!!! efin hope not but ........

For those who struggle with comprehension I will repeat again.

FOOTBALL incompetence is what I criticise him for.

Hre's obviously a successful businessman in his sphere of expertise, it's just a shame, and surprising, that he hasn't yet managed to transfer those skills to his hobby.

Still, all's well that ends well.

i think he will go next summer but and its a big but with king kevs previous of selling players cheaply if we get big money i think chris is sensible enough to realise we cant hold on to him and providing he gets most of the transfer fee could set us up for a big promotion push next season utb ftp wabaw !

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    For those who struggle with comprehension I will repeat again.

FOOTBALL incompetence is what I criticise him for.

Hre's obviously a successful businessman in his sphere of expertise, it's just a shame, and surprising, that he hasn't yet managed to transfer those skills to his hobby.

Still, all's well that ends well.
    ^^ This, exactly.

Running a football club isn't like running a property empire, or indeed any other business. The idea that a person is successful in one sphere and therefore will automatically be successful in another is flawed and shows a high level of arrogance. There'd be no shame in admitting that he's out of his depth and bringing in advisers who know what they're doing. We might have had a more successful ten years if he'd only done so rather than being full of his own self-importance and trying to leverage the good name of the club to further his business interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    ^^ This, exactly.

Running a football club isn't like running a property empire, or indeed any other business. The idea that a person is successful in one sphere and therefore will automatically be successful in another is flawed and shows a high level of arrogance. There'd be no shame in admitting that he's out of his depth and bringing in advisers who know what they're doing. We might have had a more successful ten years if he'd only done so rather than being full of his own self-importance and trying to leverage the good name of the club to further his business interests.
    Whilst I'm in total agreement, and I've said this before, it's not just McCabes incompetence at running a football club, it's his 'trusted' Lieutenants as well.

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Whilst I'm in total agreement, and I've said this before, it's not just McCabes incompetence at running a football club, it's his 'trusted' Lieutenants as well.
    Perhaps we should all "chip-in" and buy it off him UFO - am sure there's enough knowledge and expertise on this site....with TT at thel helm of course

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast