+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Aston Villa

Prediction League - Aston Villa

Wolves welcome West Midlands rival Aston Villa to Molineux this weekend. Not the matchup I'd prefer coming out of an international break, but hopefully we can handle them. After a near disastrous start to the season (1 point in first 9; 7 points out of the first 21), Villa have bounced back and are unbeaten in their last 7 matches, gaining 18 points from the last 21. They are perhaps the hottest team in the league. The turnaround likely saved Steve Bruce's job, as the touchline was getting warm for him before the unbeaten streak. They brought in a few veterans in the transfer window, and added some more through loans. They've had more goals through the midfield than they've had from forwards (10 v 3 in league play). Conor Hourihane and Albert Adomah have 4 each in league play. They're tied for fourth least conceded in the league (bolstered by the transfer of John Terry) and are tied for 6th in goals scored. Their current 7th position in the table seems just about fair, but they could continue to move upward if their hot streak continues. However, I think Wolves will stop the run.

Wolves 2-1 Aston Villa

Jota

1) plater - 10.2
    2) wolfiebill - 8.5
    3) MichiganWolf - 8.3
    4) EveWolf65 - 8
    5) Woking88 - 7.4
    6) Palmeras - 7.1
    7) wolves71 - 7
    8) WOODLANDS - 6.2
    9) GrizzledWolf - 6.1
    10) NewcyWolf - 4.4
    11) kenslftfoot - 4.2
    12) JonDeWolf - 2.2
    13) crazywulf - 2
    14) TheDing - 1.1
    14) Laughing_Wolfie - 1.1

Wolves 2 Villa 0

Jota

Wolves 2 - Villa 1
    (Bonatini)

p.s. Sorry if I seem picky, Mich', .... I marked us down for a win against Burton, but received no point for doing so. Perhaps you can adjust it next time you do the table....thanks, mate !.
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 11-10-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Wolves 1-0 Aston Villa (Miranda)

Wolves 3-0 Villa (Bonatini)

2-0 Wanderers - Bonatini

I'd be quite happy to be wrong on this one ......

Wolves 1 Villa 1

Jota

Wolves 0 villa 1

Wolves 2-1 Villa (Costa)

Wolves 2-1

Jota

Wolves 2-2 Villa Bonatini