+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldham (away)predictions

Oldham (away)predictions

A game I am not particularly keen on
    Oldham have a new manager bounce coupled with our ability to struggle against teams in and around the relegation zone
    I can see a loss
    3-2

Roughyeds 1 Rovers 3

1-0 to the Rovers. (Howard Kendall lives!)

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    1-0 to the Rovers. (Howard Kendall lives!)

Robin, Oldham haven't got a new manager. Not that Scholes would have made any difference at all. He isn't a football manager, I wish he would have taken over as it would have improved our chances of winning. The media find these romatic stories, the reality isn't normally close.
    Rovers are completely different animal away from home. They win most of the away games (apart from the 1st game) and have the best away record in the division. They are confident, they play decent stuff, crucially we get decent support. We will take around 2k (maybe 1800), we take over basically. And unlike a Ewood, the fans who go are there to support Rovers, not be negative before a ball has been kicked, and make a difference.
    Rovers to carry on the decent run, Oldham 0 - Rovers 2

My mistake
    They have put together a good run under caretaker wellens and I think will pose us quite a few problems
    I believe we are taking 3500 fans a very good turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    My mistake
    They have put together a good run under caretaker wellens and I think will pose us quite a few problems
    I believe we are taking 3500 fans a very good turnout.
    Wellens has had two games in charge Robin. They have lost every other league game this season. I watch most European leagues on BT sport, prem league, championship, our level ....internationals .....I have only ever seen a handful of games in my life (and that includes walking through a park and watching any old game) that involves 2 teams where one hasn't caused the other problems in 90 mins of football. Rovers had one of the best teams in European football when they played a bunch of part-timers (Trelleborgs) and they caused us problems in both of the 2 legs. I would fully expect a side playing in the same division to cause one or two problems in 90mins. I still get taken a-back that fans don't seem to have cottoned onto the fact that Blackburn Rovers now play in Div1. Not the prem, not the champ. We will half fill their ground like we have in the majority of games thus far. And its been very enjoyable. That's the point, at Ewood folk turn up just expecting us to dominate for 90 mins and roll everyone over. Unrealistic. Away fans go to see a decent game of footy, fully expecting a battle, hoping for a Rovers win. Not expecting it. Getting behind the lads when we get under the kosh. Realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Wellens has had two games in charge Robin. They have lost every other league game this season. I watch most European leagues on BT sport, prem league, championship, our level ....internationals .....I have only ever seen a handful of games in my life (and that includes walking through a park and watching any old game) that involves 2 teams where one hasn't caused the other problems in 90 mins of football. Rovers had one of the best teams in European football when they played a bunch of part-timers (Trelleborgs) and they caused us problems in both of the 2 legs. I would fully expect a side playing in the same division to cause one or two problems in 90mins. I still get taken a-back that fans don't seem to have cottoned onto the fact that Blackburn Rovers now play in Div1. Not the prem, not the champ. We will half fill their ground like we have in the majority of games thus far. And its been very enjoyable. That's the point, at Ewood folk turn up just expecting us to dominate for 90 mins and roll everyone over. Unrealistic. Away fans go to see a decent game of footy, fully expecting a battle, hoping for a Rovers win. Not expecting it. Getting behind the lads when we get under the kosh. Realistic.
    Excellent post, Champs. It's very rare for a team NOT to create a period of pressure. It baffles me that some of our fans are not aware of this. It baffles me even more when a few actually argue that any period of opposition dominance is OUR manager's fault!

I do agree with what you have said however the level of expectation has risen this season due to the squad we have built
    One thing is for sure the fans we have away is massively different to those at home in terms of atmosphere and you could of touched on a good point champs

What a bummer..90th minute..oo er

How many bites did John Sheridan have at that particular piece of dirty cherry ? (no offense to Oldham of course lol).
    I think they are a team who should be doing better in this League One, but things have gone downhill for them since the slimebag Lee Johnson stabbed them in the back. Who did he join when leaving them by the way ?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)