+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mascot Package vs Toons

Mascot Package vs Toons

Allow me a proud Grandfather moment.....

The girl walking out with Dawson on the recent advertisement is my eldest granddaughter who lives in Cananda. She was here for the Stoke match and did the mascot bit with her sister.

Nice one Paul, hope she enjoyed the day.

Going off at a tangent, those mascot packages though.

'Excessively priced' (in my honest opinion) is perhaps the politest description I can muster.

'Special Price' of £150 usually £265 (but also rising to in excess of £300 for the Man Utd's etc of this world ).

Raffle the places off for a fee of say £10 per ticket and give the proceeds to the Albion Foundation.

I'd be willing to bet there'd be enough takers to make it worth their while without (many) parents feeling they'd been fleeced.

Well done to you Prando......
    But I am surprised that players are allowed to go out before a match with their mobile phones still in use... Cant help with been focused and all that!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Nice one Paul, hope she enjoyed the day.

Going off at a tangent, those mascot packages though.

'Excessively priced' (in my honest opinion) is perhaps the politest description I can muster.

'Special Price' of £150 usually £265 (but also rising to in excess of £300 for the Man Utd's etc of this world ).

Raffle the places off for a fee of say £10 per ticket and give the proceeds to the Albion Foundation.

I'd be willing to bet there'd be enough takers to make it worth their while without (many) parents feeling they'd been fleeced.
    It was a very special treat for the girls, one for them to hold in their memory banks for the rest of their lives. The day started at 10.00am

She who must be obeyed" and I swapped our seats to be alongside our son his family on the day. To be fair, the Club made the best of the day for the kids...but indeed expensive.

It was great to hear from the girls that the team were particularly friendly when they all went into the dressing rooms pre match.

A CD of photos from the day was sent later. So I guess they did it as well as they could.
    Last edited by Prando; 11-10-2017 at 07:36 PM.

A great day. Pleased for you all

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    It was a very special treat for the girls, one for them to hold in their memory banks for the rest of their lives. The day started at 10.00am

She who must be obeyed" and I swapped our seats to be alongside our son his family on the day. To be fair, the Club made the best of the day for the kids...but indeed expensive.

It was great to hear from the girls that the team were particularly friendly when they all went into the dressing rooms pre match.

A CD of photos from the day was sent later. So I guess they did it as well as they could.
    Fair play Paul, wonderful memories which will have enhanced a wonderful visit to wonderful grand parents.

Really chuffed they enjoyed their day.

Didn't mean any disrespect by highlighting the cost:worth ratio of the package.

Just noting it's a pretty price to pay compared to options which could make the packages more accessible while potentially raising greater funds.

All of the very best to your good self and to she who must be obeyed .

Nice one Prando, you must be very proud.

What were the odds of your grand daughter and soulman's nephew both becoming poster boy/girl for the Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Fair play Paul, wonderful memories which will have enhanced a wonderful visit to wonderful grand parents.

Really chuffed they enjoyed their day.

Didn't mean any disrespect by highlighting the cost:worth ratio of the package.

Just noting it's a pretty price to pay compared to options which could make the packages more accessible while potentially raising greater funds.

All of the very best to your good self and to she who must be obeyed .
    No offence taken buddy. Take care.

Great to see Paul, a day she will never forget.

Hope the granddaughters stay true to the Albion. Our eldest grandson (7) has been brainwashed into cheering on the Wolves by his other Grandpa!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)