+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One year on

One year on

And it looks like our former manager and former head scout are both still unemployed. Wonder if this length of time out of work is normal in the football business?

The chairman had Warney in the background all the time but whether, PW did not want the job there and then is debatable.It has come good in the end and I really do think Warney could turn out to be one of our very best managers.

Credit to TS for spotting the management potential in PW and sticking by him.
    Maybe it's about time we sang the '1 Tony Stewart' song again

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    One would think that if TS was prepared to back Stubbs with over 2million in close season 2016 then he would back PW with far less to get Moore, Towel and Marek. It depends on lots of things I know, but this would be a statement of intent. I may well sing the 1TS then.

Don't think it will happen. Here's a little known fact... Well I don't think it is..
    TS first request to PW at the beginning of the season was. We have a 9 million pound wage bill. You need to get that down to 4 million.
    My reply was. Has PW managed that? Answer was. not quite but dam close.
    Understandable when you think about it but it highlights the fantastic job PW has done.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    And it looks like our former manager and former head scout are both still unemployed. Wonder if this length of time out of work is normal in the football business?
    For managers yes it’s quite common because legally they are still being paid by the club who sacked them up until they find another club (redundancy money basicly) but because the money is usaly a lot to lose if they take another job they usaly ride it out until money drys up.

Good examples of this are

Roy hodgeson (sacked by FA and employed by Crystal Palace )
    Paul clemance (employed by derby then joined Swansea when his cash was low)

I have no idea about recruitment guys but I’m guessing it may be the same

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    LOL...All on singing "come on you reds" and sometimes they get phukin colour wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    For managers yes it’s quite common because legally they are still being paid by the club who sacked them up until they find another club (redundancy money basicly) but because the money is usaly a lot to lose if they take another job they usaly ride it out until money drys up.

Good examples of this are

Roy hodgeson (sacked by FA and employed by Crystal Palace )
    Paul clemance (employed by derby then joined Swansea when his cash was low)

I have no idea about recruitment guys but I’m guessing it may be the same
    Didn’t Roy Hodgson resign?