shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: OT: The BBC and the Conservatives

  1. #1

    OT: The BBC and the Conservatives

    So much for the BBC being impartial. On tonight's news they are making out that because there is a slight difference of opinion between May and Hammond on preparations for no deal, the government is in chaos. Why can't they support the British Brexit arguments instead of making us look vulnerable? Or don't they realise that they're called the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Honest, it's inbarrassing.
    They then did a feature on Universal Credit and went to a lot of trouble to find a (very disorganised) woman who was 'on the starvation line' because she didn't have enough savings to cover six weeks without her benefits. She'd had to sell her TV for £40 and to stop the room looking bare, she had placed a broken TV in the corner of her living room. Talk about milking it for all it's worth.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So much for the BBC being impartial. On tonight's news they are making out that because there is a slight difference of opinion between May and Hammond on preparations for no deal, the government is in chaos. Why can't they support the British Brexit arguments instead of making us look vulnerable? Or don't they realise that they're called the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Honest, it's inbarrassing.
    They then did a feature on Universal Credit and went to a lot of trouble to find a (very disorganised) woman who was 'on the starvation line' because she didn't have enough savings to cover six weeks without her benefits. She'd had to sell her TV for £40 and to stop the room looking bare, she had placed a broken TV in the corner of her living room. Talk about milking it for all it's worth.
    If she has stolen the non-functional tv, then she needs jailing....then deporting.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So much for the BBC being impartial. On tonight's news they are making out that because there is a slight difference of opinion between May and Hammond on preparations for no deal, the government is in chaos. Why can't they support the British Brexit arguments instead of making us look vulnerable? Or don't they realise that they're called the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Honest, it's inbarrassing.
    They then did a feature on Universal Credit and went to a lot of trouble to find a (very disorganised) woman who was 'on the starvation line' because she didn't have enough savings to cover six weeks without her benefits. She'd had to sell her TV for £40 and to stop the room looking bare, she had placed a broken TV in the corner of her living room. Talk about milking it for all it's worth.
    Neither of us agree on most political matters Sidney - but I couldn't agree more regarding the BBC. Their anti Brexit stance is unbelievable and you are so correct to say they milk it 100%. I always understood the BBC's job was to report the news - which of course they do - but to me their presenters now seem to consider themselves experts on all Brexit matters and in a way also consider themselves 'Celebs' if you understand me. Whenever the slightest good thing appears to be said about Brexit, the BBC immediately always counter with something akin to " Yes but ............etc" and a completely negative view. Irrespective of politics there's the stunted excitable scruffy Evan Davis, Peston acting like he's in some Shakespearean play at the old Vic (although mostly ITV) and Nick Watt who doubles for Clegg. The BBC is probably watched all over the world by possibly the largest audience of any and as you say, it does make us appear vulnerable. At every turn, the EU appear to be stalling and the idea of discussing the divorce fee and cementing it before anything else is disgusting. We have said we will pay a fee, we have said we will discuss a transitional period, we have said we will make sure all EU citizens already here are safe .............. What the **** more do these Tw@ts want?

    Well, they've tried many times to defeat us over many years ........and failed. I don't blame us for making contingency plans to just walk away. It's about time we told 'em this ............... and then watch them squeal.

  4. #4
    Careful!!
    This is a North Korean cyber attack!! They have hacked sidders account.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Careful!!
    This is a North Korean cyber attack!! They have hacked sidders account.

  6. #6
    I'm sure that everyone realises....that this is Sid's idea of a joke......"even the BBC are ganging up on the Tories"

    Nice piece of fishing Sid-theSquid

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm sure that everyone realises....that this is Sid's idea of a joke......"even the BBC are ganging up on the Tories"

    Nice piece of fishing Sid-theSquid
    Or maybe this is his REAL personality... and all his previous posts were sarcastic??

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Or maybe this is his REAL personality... and all his previous posts were sarcastic??

    I am expecting him very soon to “ come out “, wear blue from top to toe and have his “I love Maggie badge” on.

  9. #9
    All right, I'll come clean. I set a mackerel to catch a pratt but the only one I hooked was Serious who seriously believes the sh*t about the BBC being biasedly British. Smiffy the NK mafia left me here tied up. You know where here is - when can you arrive with your boy scout pen knife and free me?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Smiffy the NK mafia left me here tied up. You know where here is - when can you arrive with your boy scout pen knife and free me?
    Just waiting on the results of the raffle. 1st prize being the chance to accompany me on your rescue attempt. The thought of you being incapacitated and at the mercy of said rescuers has seen ticket sales rocket!!
    I may have to have an eliminating question to decide the eventual winner; "In fewer than eight words describe your immediate action when confronting a debilitated sidders".

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    All right, I'll come clean. I set a mackerel to catch a pratt but the only one I hooked was Serious who seriously believes the sh*t about the BBC being biasedly British. Smiffy the NK mafia left me here tied up. You know where here is - when can you arrive with your boy scout pen knife and free me?
    Out of the last 162 ''guests'' Andrew Marr as interviewed on his Sunday show 129 have been remainers.
    The Sunday politics show have had 78 remainers on compared to 37 Brexiters. The audience on question time is always loaded anti brexit /goverment, you may joke Squid but the it is obvious the first B in BBC stands for Biased.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Out of the last 162 ''guests'' Andrew Marr as interviewed on his Sunday show 129 have been remainers.
    The Sunday politics show have had 78 remainers on compared to 37 Brexiters. The audience on question time is always loaded anti brexit /goverment, you may joke Squid but the it is obvious the first B in BBC stands for Biased.
    I have it on good authority that the audience for Question Time is sub-contracted to a company that, by the terms of their arrangement, must give a balanced audience.
    Could also be because the wealth of evidence from intelligent people is that Brexit is a calamitous mistake. Among the ranks of top thinkers in the arts and science, I would venture that those who would stay in the EU comfortably outnumber the leavers.
    You gotta admit, 1961, that with the exception of Johnson & Farage, Brexiters make very poor television. As dull as ditchwater.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I have it on good authority that the audience for Question Time is sub-contracted to a company that, by the terms of their arrangement, must give a balanced audience.
    Could also be because the wealth of evidence from intelligent people is that Brexit is a calamitous mistake. Among the ranks of top thinkers in the arts and science, I would venture that those who would stay in the EU comfortably outnumber the leavers.
    You gotta admit, 1961, that with the exception of Johnson & Farage, Brexiters make very poor television. As dull as ditchwater.
    Thinkers are weak. Entrepreneurs and risk takers are strong.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Out of the last 162 ''guests'' Andrew Marr as interviewed on his Sunday show 129 have been remainers.
    The Sunday politics show have had 78 remainers on compared to 37 Brexiters. The audience on question time is always loaded anti brexit /goverment, you may joke Squid but the it is obvious the first B in BBC stands for Biased.
    Spot on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I have it on good authority that the audience for Question Time is sub-contracted to a company that, by the terms of their arrangement, must give a balanced audience.
    Could also be because the wealth of evidence from intelligent people is that Brexit is a calamitous mistake. Among the ranks of top thinkers in the arts and science, I would venture that those who would stay in the EU comfortably outnumber the leavers.
    You gotta admit, 1961, that with the exception of Johnson & Farage, Brexiters make very poor television. As dull as ditchwater.
    That is your opinion Sid, mine is many of the Remoaners are very tedious, boring and pompous because they think they are more intelligent and superior compared to anyone who voted for brexit.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You gotta admit, 1961, that with the exception of Johnson & Farage, Brexiters make very poor television. As dull as ditchwater.
    Unlike Major, Blair, Soubry and Ken Clarke to name but a few who are absolutely riveting tv viewing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That is your opinion Sid, mine is many of the Remoaners are very tedious, boring and pompous because they think they are more intelligent and superior compared to anyone who voted for brexit.
    Amber Rudd looks like a bloke whose "gender reassignment therapy" isnt going very well.........

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Thinkers are weak. Entrepreneurs and risk takers are strong.
    It's about right and wrong NOT weak and strong.
    There, I'm a poet - didn't you just know it?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Amber Rudd looks like a bloke whose "gender reassignment therapy" isnt going very well.........
    And Dianne Abbott looks like Kelly Brook

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And Dianne Abbott looks like Kelly Brook
    I didn't spot the mumbling Abbott on the front bench in PMQs yesterday......is she taking yet another "sickie"?

    In her place they had another black woman with corn-rows in her hair......the Labour front bench is starting to like a cross between a CND rally and a reggae festival

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •