+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan's team selection.

Nolan's team selection.

A week and a half ago Notts easily beat the league leaders on their own pitch, so what did Nolan do? He dropped five players. We then, four days later, with this new selection, went to Mansfield where we played like a bunch of Frenchmen - an awful display - and what does Nolan do today? He keeps faith with TEN of these misfits and again they reward him with the same shambolic display. Change for changes sake is not a sign of confidence, Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    A week and a half ago Notts easily beat the league leaders on their own pitch, so what did Nolan do? He dropped five players. We then, four days later, with this new selection, went to Mansfield where we played like a bunch of Frenchmen - an awful display - and what does Nolan do today? He keeps faith with TEN of these misfits and again they reward him with the same shambolic display. Change for changes sake is not a sign of confidence, Kevin.
    I said at half time, Ameobi on for Stead, (at least the ball might stick) and Sandra on for Hawker. Him and Grant should then swap wings. But did Nolo listen? Did he bumba.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I said at half time, Ameobi on for Stead, (at least the ball might stick) and Sandra on for Hawker. Him and Grant should then swap wings. But did Nolo listen? Did he bumba.
    Time Nolan went, he does not have a clue. We should run the team, you know it makes sense with all our experience

Nolan dropped 4 or 5 players for the Exeter game and we won comfortably so the point doesn't really stand. He also did the same for the Swindon game too that we won.

Can't really fault today's selection although I'd prefer to see Ameobi starting if he's fit as he's far more of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Nolan , he's got to go ! Laxton , you inspire me , when are you available to take over the running ?
    Last edited by navypie; 07-10-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Time Nolan went, he does not have a clue. We should run the team, you know it makes sense with all our experience
    I agree, FFS we are second in the league and have only lost once this year at home which is nowhere acceptable! Like others I won’t be happy until we are in the bottom 3 struggling for survival so we can up the slagging off! These past few weeks have been abysmal winning as it means we’ve had to keep quiet with the whinging and moaning, I mean, we’ve slagged off the transfers in the summer because we thought we knew better than Nolan! Time he went so we can go back to challenging for relegation again!

Parkie's back. Quick, keep your opinions to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Nolan , he's got to go ! Laxton , you inspire me , when are you available to take over the running ?
    Team selection was fine but what we did see for the first time this season was a change in team shape as we went to a diamond midfield after about 35 minutes.

With yates at the base of the diamond and Grant at the top, with Milsom and Hawkridge either side but narrow.Can't say it really worked but was that because too many players were just having an off day?

For the diamond to work the full backs have to get forward which they didn't manage to do too often.

The one positive was it enables Grant to get on the ball a bit more

The problem wasn't team selection, it was intensity and attitude. It was exactly what I feared after seeing so many predictions of four and five goal victories. Just like at Mansfield, we never got going. It was like they had an extra man because they won all the second balls in midfield and always found someone in space to pass to. We made error after error with the most basic passes. I hope their league position is a false one, because they looked a class above us today.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The problem wasn't team selection, it was intensity and attitude.
    Spot on.

Forest Green did look better than us, but frankly it was because we were only showing a fraction of the intensity we have in most games this season. Last week I could understand the dip at Mansfield, because it was the third of three tough games in a week, including a journey to Exeter. Today, though, the players were culpable. They stood off the opposition, shied away from challenges and played at a half-hearted tempo throughout the game, which is really disappointing because they had a full week to prepare, and I was hoping to see an aggressive, high-tempo reaction to the Mansfield game. The only player who looked seriously angry was Carl Dickinson, who wasn't having his greatest game but at least seemed unwilling to drop his shoulders and accept it.

All that said, we kept going to the end and got a point more than we deserved. Next week, the tempo and intensity levels against Barnet need to be at least 50% better.
    Last edited by jackal2; 07-10-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast