shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Big norm's critical of some fans !!

  1. #1

    Big norm's critical of some fans !!

    Reading through crossleys disapointment that after the last two games,some fans have lambasted some players...
    What are your thoughts?
    Mine is that whilst "big norm" has some point his overall picture maybe somewhat clouded.
    The last two games performances havnt been great
    But still the fans are still coming through the gate
    Some of the players have had off games and out of form
    Fans from whatever clubs will always have expectencies of there own clubs,but especially with the start Notts have made, fans are flying high on the crest of a wave built from the foundations the players have built.
    We sit in the stands supporting whatever performance is served up
    When the players are not performing it's over to the coaching staff to earn there corn rectyfying the problems.
    Over to you big norm

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Reading through crossleys disapointment that after the last two games,some fans have lambasted some players...
    What are your thoughts?
    Mine is that whilst "big norm" has some point his overall picture maybe somewhat clouded.
    The last two games performances havnt been great
    But still the fans are still coming through the gate
    Some of the players have had off games and out of form
    Fans from whatever clubs will always have expectencies of there own clubs,but especially with the start Notts have made, fans are flying high on the crest of a wave built from the foundations the players have built.
    We sit in the stands supporting whatever performance is served up
    When the players are not performing it's over to the coaching staff to earn there corn rectyfying the problems.
    Over to you big norm
    A poem?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    A poem?
    The man's a Red so what do you expect?

    Yet another example of blokes making a nice living as "coaches" and being part of the circus that manages football clubs today. If players are good enough, they don't need umpteen "hangers on" who probably weren't all that good as players anyway - to teach them.

    Think back lads ............ How many "hangers on" did Jimmy or Neil have? Probably only Jack Wheeler - bless him.

  4. #4
    I suspect it goes deeper than people saying that we are crap. Given how personal (brave) people get on various media outlets I suspect that Mark Crossley has nipped it in the bud BEFORE it got out of hand, or it already has.
    Now to the actual performances of recent weeks, for me they have not been great, however, the bigger picture is we have moved on in 10 short months. We are looking up rather than down. We have a squad that fights for the shirt, even if some lack quality. A manager who is unbelievably level headed whether we win or lose.
    Hopefully, players and management avoid sites like this and continue to block those nay sayers on ****ter. The club has a much better atmosphere around it than it did at the start of the year, yet some, so called supporters, want to bring negativity back. How sad.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hopefully, players and management avoid sites like this and continue to block those nay sayers on ****ter.
    Yeah, they should keep their 'I'm not listening fingers' in their ears. No good ever came of communication.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post

    think back lads ............ How many "hangers on" did jimmy or neil have? Probably only jack wheeler - bless him.
    you cannot be serious!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yeah, they should keep their 'I'm not listening fingers' in their ears. No good ever came of communication.
    Bohinen you talk s h i t!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Think back lads ............ How many "hangers on" did Jimmy or Neil have? Probably only Jack Wheeler - bless him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    you cannot be serious!
    It wasn’t just Jimmy and Jack.

    1980/81, the year we gained promotion to the top division:

    Manager ….. Jimmy Sirrel
    Coach ………. Howard Wilkinson
    Trainer …….. Jack Wheeler
    Youth …….…. Mick Walker

    That was some team!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    A poem?
    Well William Wordsworth it ain't.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I suspect it goes deeper than people saying that we are crap. Given how personal (brave) people get on various media outlets I suspect that Mark Crossley has nipped it in the bud BEFORE it got out of hand, or it already has.
    Now to the actual performances of recent weeks, for me they have not been great, however, the bigger picture is we have moved on in 10 short months. We are looking up rather than down. We have a squad that fights for the shirt, even if some lack quality. A manager who is unbelievably level headed whether we win or lose.
    Hopefully, players and management avoid sites like this and continue to block those nay sayers on ****ter. The club has a much better atmosphere around it than it did at the start of the year, yet some, so called supporters, want to bring negativity back. How sad.
    Is the correct answer. I mentioned something on another thread where some fans on here were bemoaning about the last two games which is fine taking those two games as individual matches. We have not performed in those games to the level we have done. It's fine for us to have our opinions and discuss that.

    What I would guess is it would be the types that overact when we lose (or draw against FGR) and resort to abuse of players, staff or coaches, Colin Slater or anyone else in their firing line and cannot communicate their criticism in an effective manner with reasoned discussion.

    Rightly so they should be blocked especially when they can't see the bigger picture that the club is 2nd in the league, has had the best start to a season since 1970/71 and has only lost once at home in 2017. The progress the club has made in the last 10 months on and off the field under KN and AH has been fantastic.

    They are probably not even Notts fans anyway. Who want's undesirable trolls or keyboard warriors with their poison on their Twitter feed trying to bring them and the club down? What good comes of it?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The man's a Red so what do you expect?

    Yet another example of blokes making a nice living as "coaches" and being part of the circus that manages football clubs today. If players are good enough, they don't need umpteen "hangers on" who probably weren't all that good as players anyway - to teach them.

    Think back lads ............ How many "hangers on" did Jimmy or Neil have? Probably only Jack Wheeler - bless him.
    You're right, he's only won a league cup, played in the Prem and got to an FA cup final. Nothing compared to these League 2 powerhouses.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The man's a Red so what do you expect?
    .
    I expect to read crap like this from the ball game fans on here who really know jack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •