+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Graves Park

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Whos this ??

Attachment 6816
    Lord Robert of Hatton?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Do you mean the Sportsman TT?
    Mount Pleasant?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Lord Robert of Hatton?
    You got it !

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Do you mean the Sportsman TT?
    Just been googling Gray and I think it's the Mount Pleasant on Derbyshire Lane, that's because it looks like the location I remember

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Just been googling Gray and I think it's the Mount Pleasant on Derbyshire Lane, that's because it looks like the location I remember
    Yes Blocky was right TT. A cosy little pub, packed to the rafters with 20 clientele inside as I recall.

Lord Robert of Hatton?
    How could I not see it, although in fairness he looks younger now than he did 30 years ago.

Can remember playing in Graves Park in the local leagues,one pitch sloped that bad it was like playing on the side of Everest,and the showers,you had to pull a chain to make the water flow and keep it pulled,so it was quite a job to clean yourself

Can remember playing in Graves Park in the local leagues,one pitch sloped that bad it was like playing on the side of Everest,and the showers,you had to pull a chain to make the water flow and keep it pulled,so it was quite a job to clean yourself
    Thanks for the Mount Pleasant steer.

Played an U13 game for City GS v Firth Park GS at FirthPark and the pitch somehow sloped downhill BOTH ways from the halfway line. I was a goalie and could not see one goal from the other whichever way we kicked!

Happy days

Just come across this wonderful picture from 1971,so i have shamelessly stolen it and put it on here,anyone know who the bloke in the white vest is?Attachment 6788
    Are you sure that's not a photo of the most of this forum users doing their school crosscountry in the 1900's.....

Runs thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Thanks for the Mount Pleasant steer.

Played an U13 game for City GS v Firth Park GS at FirthPark and the pitch somehow sloped downhill BOTH ways from the halfway line. I was a goalie and could not see one goal from the other whichever way we kicked!

Happy days
    Character building TT,what about the pitch at Woodhouse rec,I can remember watching Woodhouse Ashberry playing on that,the players used to get changed round the back of the George and walk down,then playing on it many timesin the Sunday league

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast