+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.G.R Fans Forum View Of Noble

F.G.R Fans Forum View Of Noble

Notts County are welcome to a player completely devoid of loyalty who seems completely unaware of the concept of a contract.
    He's talented, but I have zero respect for him and hope he fails massively at Notts now. If he'd gone in the summer for a fee, fine. But if you're so hell bent on leaving to act like this then DON'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT and we would at least have got £100k for him. Nottingham isnt close to Newcastle, and he's fit enough to pass a medical. He's a liar, simple as that, everything we've heard has been false

Feel sorry for Cooper and the club to have been strung along by their club captain like this. The word i'd like to use to describe him is rightly banned on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Notts County are welcome to a player completely devoid of loyalty who seems completely unaware of the concept of a contract.
    He's talented, but I have zero respect for him and hope he fails massively at Notts now. If he'd gone in the summer for a fee, fine. But if you're so hell bent on leaving to act like this then DON'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT and we would at least have got £100k for him. Nottingham isnt close to Newcastle, and he's fit enough to pass a medical. He's a liar, simple as that, everything we've heard has been false

Feel sorry for Cooper and the club to have been strung along by their club captain like this. The word i'd like to use to describe him is rightly banned on this forum.
    A pretty accurate summary I reckon, but it's nothing we didn't already know, which just re-emphasises the fact we shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.

When I read that we were actually bidding for him in the summer, I felt the same kind of disbelief I did when we appointed Steve Thompson as manager for a second time. They say the definition of madness is to repeat the same mistakes, and this is a classic example of it. Okay, we've ended up not paying the fee, but he will still cost us, just in different ways.

Sorry guys....not true.....the first 4 full pages of posts on the FGR forum, were full of praise for LN....apparently it was down to MC and his treatment of players and Vince's domination of the club.....there were also reports of POSTERS GETTING BANNED for not toeing the "club line" on the forum......I spent an hour trawling their site today and there wasn't one anti-Liam post

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sorry guys....not true.....the first 4 full pages of posts on the FGR forum, were full of praise for LN....apparently it was down to MC and his treatment of players and Vince's domination of the club.....there were also reports of POSTERS GETTING BANNED for not toeing the "club line" on the forum......I spent an hour trawling their site today and there wasn't one anti-Liam post
    In the thread I was looking at (which appeared to be the main one) the opinions change drastically once it became clear what the line about "moving closer to the North-east" really meant. Put it this way, I don't think FGR fans will be honouring him the ex-player reception we always gave to Mark Stallard ... and that's an understatement!

Did Noble do okay for them in the National League? Maybe so, but we're not talking about the National League. Indeed a couple of the posts suggest he's not been the same player this season. I would suggest that his improved disciplinary record in the league below owed much to the lack of challenge and frustration he was experiencing in a team that won most weeks. His attitude soon reverted when things started going wrong this season, clearly.
    Last edited by jackal2; 12-10-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In the thread I was looking at (which appeared to be the main one) the opinions change drastically once it became clear what the line about "moving closer to the North-east" really meant. Put it this way, I don't think FGR fans will be honouring him the ex-player reception we always gave to Mark Stallard ... and that's an understatement!

Did Noble do okay for them in the National League? Maybe so, but we're not talking about the National League. Indeed a couple of the posts suggest he's not been the same player this season. I would suggest that his improved disciplinary record in the league below owed much to the lack of challenge and frustration he was experiencing in a team that won most weeks. His attitude soon reverted when things started going wrong this season, clearly.
    Clearly something drastic happened between MC and LN......I get it, that is why I checked their site earlier today (up until 7pm your time?) but there was 4 pages of praise and a few posts of "if only you knew" hints from people pretending to have inside info.

If Liam turns out to be the next axe-murderer, then I will apologise....until then.....IMO, let's see what happens on the pitch

I suppose Nottingham IS closer to the North East than Gloucestershire!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Clearly something drastic happened between MC and LN......I get it, that is why I checked their site earlier today (up until 7pm your time?) but there was 4 pages of praise and a few posts of "if only you knew" hints from people pretending to have inside info.

If Liam turns out to be the next axe-murderer, then I will apologise....until then.....IMO, let's see what happens on the pitch
    If it was one of our players we would be calling him blind and telling the club to get rid. He left us under a cloud now he as done the same at FGR. Shouldn't have touched him with a barge pole but our supporters will welcome him with open arms and make excuses for him.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If it was one of our players we would be calling him blind and telling the club to get rid. He left us under a cloud now he as done the same at FGR. Shouldn't have touched him with a barge pole but our supporters will welcome him with open arms and make excuses for him.
    I won't... although I guess it's useful that he's signing "after" Christmas and not before and his usual 3 match ban.

I don't like him and I don't think he's that good.

I personally think he's come in as a replacement for Grant, we are obviously expecting Grant to be recalled in Jan and Noble will make up for that in some respects (although very much a down grade)

I don't think there's that much difference between League 2 and the National League in terms of playing ability or wages. In fact I bet some players earn more in the lower division. Noble has a lot of making up to do at Notts and my main concern is that he has never been a great/good team player at this level. I don't agree with the sentiment that he gives more grit to the midfield. In the games last time round when the going got tough, Noble went invisible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast