+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble

Noble

training with Notts according to Pride of Nottingham on F.B

18 MONTH CONTRACT beginning Jan 1

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/noblerejoins

Good news, in my opinion.

About as predictable as Christmas coming on 25th December.

If the club was allegedly making six figure bids 3 months ago for a player then why would we turn down the chance to bring a wanted player back to the club for nothing in January?

Liam Noble gives us an option, and it creates competition for places. With respected players/coaches like Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan at the club whom are midfielders themselves they will be able to get the best out of him.

I suppose the good news is that we saved ourselves £100,000.

I understand why some won't be happy, but we've got ourselves a talented, goal-scoring midfielder on a free transfer. Feels a lot better than splashing £10k!

I doubt it was anywhere near 100.000

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    I understand why some won't be happy, but we've got ourselves a talented, goal-scoring midfielder on a free transfer. Feels a lot better than splashing £10k!
    Or even £100k...

So if the Vegan guy had been a bit smarter in the original negotiations, the FGR fans would be eating proper food by now.....nice one AH.

When is the next game against them?.....I hope it's after January and Noble is fit?

Edit Saturday March 10th
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 12-10-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Notts County have signed midfielder Liam Noble for a second time, although he will be unable to play for the League Two side until January.

The Magpies had a £100,000 bid turned down by Forest Green in the summer, before he parted company with Rovers by mutual consent on Monday.

The 26-year-old spent two years with Notts from 2014, scoring 16 goals in 78 appearances, before joining Forest Green in 2016.

He has agreed an 18-month deal.

The contract will begin on 1 January and the Magpies say Noble will be eligible to play for them from the home fixture against Crawley on 6 January onwards.

In the meantime, Noble will train full-time with the club and feature in reserve matches.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast