+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Our Spanish friends seem to have gone quiet about Gib recently. I wonder why ?

It's reported a nasty, contagious bout of laryngitis broke out sinkov!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Our Spanish friends seem to have gone quiet about Gib recently. I wonder why ?
    Don’t tempt fate Sinkov.

I wonder how Gibraltarians view Brexit. They have gone quiet too, but I guess they won’t like it.

All that bother about a lump of rock full of Apes... Used to be a strategic position many years ago ,now it's just a waste of space..Give it the Spanish back..

I don't think the Spanish are even aware it exists at the moment, they've got more pressing problems Barcelona way.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't think the Spanish are even aware it exists at the moment, they've got more pressing problems Barcelona way.
    Although I'm all for it,I don't think it will happen because If they cede to Barcelona then the other autonomous regions Basques,Galicians etc will be going for it,so I can't see it happening Sinky ..Too much to lose for the Spanish government

I agree Alfie, it won't happen, if it did the ramifications would be dreadful for Spain and the EU. It's also one reason why the ludicrous Sturgeon's claim that an independent Scotland would be allowed into the EU was a deliberate lie on her part. The Spanish made it clear they would never vote to allow Scotland into the EU, because that would give the green light to the independence movement in Catalonia, which needs little enough encouragement as it is. The SNPs whole independence case is based on a lie, that they could join the EU, they couldn't, Spain would never allow it.

Sorry, I digress.

It all stems back to the Spanish civil war..The Catalonians took,some tremendous stick from the Fascist regime during the Guerra civil..They have wanted to leave Spain ever since.. Francos regime was so bad he banned the speaking of the Catalan language and the only place they could speak it safely was in the football stadium at Nou Camp.. Many people from all over Europe went to fight along side the Catalonians against the Fascist Regime of Franco ..Including the author George Orwell.. Thousands of innocent Catalonians were shot or killed mercilessly at the hands of the Fascists ..Anyway sorry I digress..lol

In the Brexit vote 96% of Gibraltarians (?) voted to remain.

Brexit will hit them very hard once we leave.

Certainly Spain will be offering them a decent deal to become Spanish.

Andalusia starts waving Blas Infante flags and claiming independence....then they storm the Rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)