+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw Lane AFC v Barrow FA Cuptie

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I pleased for them and I hope they play the next round at Oakwell never mind this "daft idea" it would be great.
    Surely the whole point of the FA cup is the David against goliath aspect of it where more established teams go to the more intimidating local grounds with basic facilities crowd on top of you, dodgy pitch etc. Reyt then, if Shaw lane were to laik that last tie against barrow at oakwell as tha suggested there'd have been less than a thousand there and it'd have played into Barrows hands. Not very practical and probably less cost effective. Hence daft idea.

They've won and done brilliant today but laikin that tie where they did instead of oakwell worked to their advantage surely. If they draw a league club at ooam then they should do the same again for me, get that intimidating in ya face atmosphere going and it'll give em a better chance a tell thi nar. That's the beauty of the FA cup for me and surely worrits all abart

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Surely the whole point of the FA cup is the David against goliath aspect of it where more established teams go to the more intimidating local grounds with basic facilities crowd on top of you, dodgy pitch etc. Reyt then, if Shaw lane were to laik that last tie against barrow at oakwell as tha suggested there'd have been less than a thousand there and it'd have played into Barrows hands. Not very practical and probably less cost effective. Hence daft idea.

They've won and done brilliant today but laikin that tie where they did instead of oakwell worked to their advantage surely. If they draw a league club at ooam then they should do the same again for me, get that intimidating in ya face atmosphere going and it'll give em a better chance a tell thi nar. That's the beauty of the FA cup for me and surely worrits all abart

One of the things I respected Sutton Utd for last season when they drew Arsenal at home .

They could have quite easily switched the tie to the Emirates and took the money but they didn't and made Arsenal win the tie on their artificial pitch the harder way .

I agree Animal. They did Leeds over at ooam n all. Nice and refreshing to see some integrity and common sense forra change considering it's all abart money these days.

If they draw wunna so called Big clubs at ooham tho Pass , security wud be an issue laikin at the San Sheerian, grarnd is onna rooard between sum carncil houses 20ft wide track darn t grarnd , it wunt be allowed mate , Remember Bromsgrove ? That wa like goowin t Swindon compared t San Sheerian and no disrespect at all to the club av allus enjoyed it , true and darn t earth , Bloodbath on Baslow Crescent !!! Laik at Oakwell fomee far safer option for all,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    If they draw wunna so called Big clubs at ooham tho Pass , security wud be an issue laikin at the San Sheerian, grarnd is onna rooard between sum carncil houses 20ft wide track darn t grarnd , it wunt be allowed mate , Remember Bromsgrove ? That wa like goowin t Swindon compared t San Sheerian and no disrespect at all to the club av allus enjoyed it , true and darn t earth , Bloodbath on Baslow Crescent !!! Laik at Oakwell fomee far safer option for all,

Tha meks some fair points theear Roma. It puts it into perspective what Shaw lane has achieved that they have this possible problem to deal with. Having said that I don't see a problem provided it's all ticket and policed properly. Look at Salford last season wi one little stand and basically a rope rarnd touchline. Warrington fc were same year befooar. I agree it's not ideal but that's part of the romance of this great competition for me.

If they were to play at oakwell then what crowd numbers would you expect to turn up?

Depends who they draw , if say Blackburn, Bradford City, Portsmouth, Coventry around 5/6 thousand , most arta curiosity , fogot what Att wa wen Emley FC laiked Rovrum at Oakwell seemed a decent crowd at the time tho, can't find att Pass Itwa 1988 and a 1-1 draw tho Rovrum won replay 3-1
    Last edited by Romared; 15-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Just over 6000 at Oakwell

Over 9000 when they played Wedt Ham at Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Depends who they draw , if say Blackburn, Bradford City, Portsmouth, Coventry around 5/6 thousand , most arta curiosity , fogot what Att wa wen Emley FC laiked Rovrum at Oakwell seemed a decent crowd at the time tho, can't find att Pass Itwa 1988 and a 1-1 draw tho Rovrum won replay 3-1
    I'd say 3k absolute max missen.

A went to that rovrum Emley cup tie. It worra fair sized crowd. It were 1998 rather than 88 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Just over 6000 at Oakwell

Over 9000 when they played Wedt Ham at Huddersfield
    Cheers Guvna !!

Al be watching draw tomorra ont bbc. I expect Shaw lane would get the due coverage they deserve. Gets imagination guin dunt it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast