+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Weather

The Weather

S h I t in July,August and September but lovely down in Cornwall this week.

Shorts,tee shirts and people sunbathing on the beach on a visit to ST Ives today.......so good I almost got my "budgie smugglers" out.

Mad country we live in ay it?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Shorts,tee shirts and people sunbathing on the beach on a visit to ST Ives today.......so good I almost got my "budgie smugglers" out.

Too true. I see there has been flooding in the Lake District. My mate in the Scottish Borders described it as horrendous.

I went away in early July and late August and had very good weather both weeks. I also spent plenty of time out in the sun throughout the summer. There were odd days that the weather was poor but that's to be expected, the occasional thunderstorm, but they are a regular summer event.
    Thing is, you get a few bad days and they are the ones people remember.

There are a number of places along the south coast that have their own micro climates such as Newquay and St.Ives. In Torquay a couple of weeks back local weather forecasts were all saying rain was about, but we had sun every day whilst a few miles down the road it peed down

When the kids were growing up we would go away for a week and consistently got great weather. A week always seemed too short and it was me who said 'Come on, let's go for a fortnight next year'. This we did and of course it pi55ed down every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

You timed it well, Mick. It's raining this morning (St.Ives), but they've forecast sun later on, and 60mph gales Monday!
    Hope you didn't come down for The Tate Gallery. It doesn't open till tomorrow.

Typical. Im off to St Ives for the week tomorrow. Just in time for the gales. No doubt a plague of locusts and boils will follow for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    You timed it well, Mick. It's raining this morning (St.Ives), but they've forecast sun later on, and 60mph gales Monday!
    Hope you didn't come down for The Tate Gallery. It doesn't open till tomorrow.
    The Tate doesn't interest me.

I went for the cream tea and the view.

You travel to one of the loveliest spots in the country only to stand indoors looking at someone else's scribbles!

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Typical. Im off to St Ives for the week tomorrow. Just in time for the gales. No doubt a plague of locusts and boils will follow for the rest of the week.
    It's just Monday really. The rest of the week s/b ok .

Last weekend we went to stay with some friends who have just moved into the Weymouth area. On Friday the weather was glorious and for the those of you that know the area we started a 6 mile walk in the picturesque village of Sutton Poyntz. Walked up the Ridgeway and above the White Horse with fabulous views towards Portland to the west and Purbeck to the east. Then down into Osmington and had lunch at the wonderful Smugglers Inn at Osmington Mills (recommended.) Then walked back along the coastal path to Weymouth via Bowleaze Cove. We loved it so much we are seriously considering moving here.

We spent most of August in Italy and contrasted the pub grub with what was on offer in Italy. Italian is perhaps my favourite food but not for the first time there I found the choice very restrictive. The menus in all the restaurants was much the same. Mostly fish which I love but got bored with and perhaps a beef or venison dish. One night we were up in the hills and my limited Italian convinced me mixed grill was on offer. Very disappointed when my plate of cold Italian meats arrived.

Four of us ate at the Smugglers and between us we had lamb (bl00dy marvellous) pork, chicken and fish in various cuisines from many different countries. My sticky toffee pud and ice cream mmmm.

We may knock our cooking but in terms of variety we are very lucky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)