+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday Collapse!!

Can you sue your own towns council for being trapped in 1979?

Sir Stephen Houghton Yoo su mee takeaway open soon, Foo Kin Lee no spendee munny on our crub !! He try t pirrock us

ittul happen , Tarn will be alive ageeun , Whispers oppuning up , BA BA will anorl , King George will be Brort back to the 60s/early 70's style , Mortons chipoyle reopens , Ritz rebuilt , Alabama Alligator , Georges , Hub , Aloha coffee bar , an Albert Hirst Pooark pies at the Well , and that's just fo starters

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Sir Stephen Houghton Yoo su mee takeaway open soon, Foo Kin Lee no spendee munny on our crub !! He try t pirrock us

ittul happen , Albert Hirst Pooark pies at the Well , and that's just fo starters
    Too filling forra starter.

Tempura battered crab meat on a bed of rocket fo a starter OAP Special at Albert's Diner.

He f ukdun no deal , till next week

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And now walking through a minefield if this deal does collapse .
    It seems you were right all along, the so-called takeover bid was just as likely as Ant and Dec doing a Kaylee dance around the pitch.

Mister Lee is a serial financial tease--Boro, Hull, Brentford.

He gets fans aroused by waving his wedge in front of them and dangling his wonga in their face and then disappears out of the room.

If Barnsley Council are standing their ground and refusing to ev their tummy tickled by the venture capitalist then I say Good on 'Em. If there has been an independent valuation the Council are legally obliged to stick to that as a minimum anyway to get best value for the taxpayer. If Mister Lee's has plans to develop the area into a retail/ housing complex and the Council won't agree to this then I say Three Cheers fo the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

He gets fans aroused by waving his wedge in front of them and dangling his wonga in their face and then disappears out of the room.

If Barnsley Council are standing their ground and refusing to ev their tummy tickled by the venture capitalist then I say Good on 'Em. If there has been an independent valuation the Council are legally obliged to stick to that as a minimum anyway to get best value for the taxpayer. If Mister Lee's has plans to develop the area into a retail/ housing complex and the Council won't agree to this then I say Three Cheers fo the Council.

The way the club is structured and BMBC involvement will always make any sale to prospective investors difficult .

The council are legally bound to stand their ground and attain the market value on their investment .

If this deal does go tyts up no doubt the extreme right wing posters will pin the blame on the council when in fact a UKIP controlled council would have to follow the same central government rules if they'd even be in the same room as foreign investors that is , " local owners for local clubs Guv " , " we wun da war " .

If you want the club lock. stock n barrel , pay the going rate to the council or feck off .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Brentford and Boro didn't want to sell and Hull got greedy.

If the deal goes through they will develop the land around Oakwell .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The way the club is structured and BMBC involvement will always make any sale to prospective investors difficult .

The council are legally bound to stand their ground and attain the market value on their investment .

If this deal does go tyts up no doubt the extreme right wing posters will pin the blame on the council when in fact a UKIP controlled council would have to follow the same central government rules if they'd even be in the same room as foreign investors that is , " local owners for local clubs Guv " , " we wun da war " .

If you want the club lock. stock n barrel , pay the going rate to the council or feck off .

If the proposal generates the jobs the consortium say then the council would be foolish to block it , which they haven't as far as I understand

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    If the proposal generates the jobs the consortium say then the council would be foolish to block it , which they haven't as far as I understand
    I want the takeover to happen and I've no problem using the non football land for commercial benefit just as long as it doesn't affect the football side of things .

But buying the land below market value and taking advantage of our poor local economy is something I'll stand against , BFC maybe a key player in the town but its only one layer of the onion skin .

We have enough vulture capitalists such as ASOS who come to these parts and exploit the local economy for their own gain .

If you are going to buy the club then you pay the market value or I'm going to question your motives , a bunch of minimum wage ZHC jobs isn't a bargaining tool I'm going to entertain .

Stakeholder capitalism is where I am , buy the club , add the value for the town and supporters of this club so we are all part of its prosperity , not on the cheap to exploit for shareholder profit .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast