+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friday Collapse!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I want the takeover to happen and I've no problem using the non football land for commercial benefit just as long as it doesn't affect the football side of things .

But buying the land below market value and taking advantage of our poor local economy is something I'll stand against , BFC maybe a key player in the town but its only one layer of the onion skin .

We have enough vulture capitalists such as ASOS who come to these parts and exploit the local economy for their own gain .

If you are going to buy the club then you pay the market value or I'm going to question your motives , a bunch of minimum wage ZHC jobs isn't a bargaining tool I'm going to entertain .

Stakeholder capitalism is where I am , buy the club , add the value for the town and supporters of this club so we are all part of its prosperity , not on the cheap to exploit for shareholder profit .
    I think it would be to increase revenue and capital. Not many owners make a profit from owning a football club . I'd be glad to see the surrounding land developed. It's not doing anything as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think it would be to increase revenue and capital. Not many owners make a profit from owning a football club . I'd be glad to see the surrounding land developed. It's not doing anything as it is.
    It's a test of their commitment too ESR , if they can't get it on the cheap then how committed were they to begin with ?

I will suggest again that no news doesnt mean bad news does it... but in all fairness Ive also had it at the back of my mind recently that this takeover seems destined to fail/flop now, for whatever reason.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234