+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rowett Needs Time To Build Derby

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So they're young...but have some experience. Isn't that what you wanted?

Might not all be first team choices but they're all match day squad regulars, Salopian, with the possible exception of Lowe and Hanson and the former certainly will be, imo, if he ever manages to stay injury free.
    A fit Thorne, who I think is still only 24, and a fit Lowe (20) would both be almost guaranteed a starting place.
    I. Suppose what in saying is we haven't got a settled 11 and therefore can't get the best out of them as a team..though I think rowett came as a strong man manager and motivator to get the best out of average players. agree about Thorne I thought he could be a premier player but am surprised you said Lowe is the best left back at the club .not disagreeing just surprised

If you are calling late 20’s young for an outfield player then your sorely mistaken they fast approaching the retirement age of 30 or over for a GK mid 20’s is young and mid 30’s is in their prime and 40 and over retirement.

We have 3 youth prospects in the current squad with one getting the crack of the whip now and again being Bennett, Lowe close to coming back from injury and Hanson only seen him play once since he made his debut in the senior side.

They hardly cut a scratch on the starting 11 and questions must be answered: Are they doing enough work to give Rowett something to think about and put their name forward and get a shot in the starting 11? The answer is no

The scouting department needs to get their act together and questions must be answered as to why the player’s that they have recruited simply hasn’t been good enough to crack it.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    If you are calling late 20’s young for an outfield player then your sorely mistaken they fast approaching the retirement age of 30 or over for a GK mid 20’s is young and mid 30’s is in their prime and 40 and over retirement.

We have 3 youth prospects in the current squad with one getting the crack of the whip now and again being Bennett, Lowe close to coming back from injury and Hanson only seen him play once since he made his debut in the senior side.

They hardly cut a scratch on the starting 11 and questions must be answered: Are they doing enough work to give Rowett something to think about and put their name forward and get a shot in the starting 11? The answer is no

The scouting department needs to get their act together and questions must be answered as to why the player’s that they have recruited simply hasn’t been good enough to crack it.
    Or to correct the grammar questions must be asked, given that if you dont know what the question is its hard to give an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post

If I was calling 'late 20's young for an outfield player' then you'd be right...I would be mistaken and you would have a point.
    Unfortunately I referred to the players concerned as being in their 'early to mid twenties'...so you don't...and you talking about us having an 'old squad' is untrue and misguided.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)