+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Experienced Scott Carson Warns Rams To Avoid Being At A Disadvantage

Experienced Scott Carson Warns Rams To Avoid Being At A Disadvantage

Scott Carson has warned Derby County that they need to make sure that they do not put themselves at a ‘disadvantage’ when they face Nottingham Forest in Sunday’s East Midlands showdown.

Playing in these big games is something that Carson has been used to over a career that stems back more than 13 years, but reflecting back, the shot-stopper says his first taste is one he will never forget.

Thrown in at the deep end, the 32-year-old’s first competitive start for Leeds United saw him come face-to-face with Manchester United – the club he supported – as he replaced the suspended Paul Robinson to help the Whites earn a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford back in 2004.

“That was special,” he told dcfc.co.uk in an interview ahead of Sunday’s game.

“That was my first competitive start and in essence is where it all began. I came on in the game before (against Middlesbrough) for the last few minutes after Paul Robinson got sent off and that’s the game I remember most.

“The first thing I remember is turning up. I was a Manchester United supporter growing up and I had never been to Old Trafford, so when the bus pulled in at the ground and I saw the size of the stadium, with me being 18 at the time that made me a little bit more nervous than I already was.

“It was a game that I basically just wanted to get through without too much hassle. I did what I had to do and we got a draw, which was even better!”

A cliché yes, but Carson spoke of the importance of temperament this weekend and Derby ensuring that the contest is treated in exactly the same manner as any other game is.

The former England international says it is imperative that the Rams make sure they do not put themselves at a disadvantage against the Reds.

“That can be said to any of the players that play on the Sunday,” Carson added. “We do know that these games, in particular, get you a little bit more riled up more than normal.

“They are often about keeping a calm head because we don’t want to put ourselves at a disadvantage.

I know it isn’t seen this way, but it really is just another league game which we need three points from. It has to be treated exactly the same.”

Sunday is the start of a big month for Gary Rowett’s side, in which they will also face Sheffield Wednesday and Reading at home as well as Norwich City and Leeds United on their travels.

For Carson, the aim is simple.

“We have got a good run of games before the international break that, on paper, are tight matches against sides with similar aspirations,” he said.

“As a group, we know we need to go on a good run from now until the end of the season to climb up the table.

“It’s so tight and you’re only a run of back-to-back wins away from being in and around that top six. That’s easier said than done, but that has to be our aim over this block of five matches.”

Wise words from Carson.....

Straight cut and paste from official site, when will this end

And he's been warned by ratboy but he still continues, but when the rules seemingly don't apply to you then you can do as you please

To quote our lord and master:

"Rattea said: 04-05-2017 06:55 AM

Hi R4J

This is probably a better way to habe a word with you than publicly on the forum.

Can you refrain from cutting and pasting into threads. It's plagiarism and likely to get the board into trouble. Please add your own comments and a link to article you want to draw attention to......

Also if you can refrain from the practice of posting immediately after yourself multiple times its breaking up threads and a lot of the other posts find it very anouyed.

There is no issue with having different opinions to others that's what it's all about and we encourage that. I think if you can do the above it will give other posters less of a target to aim at.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Rattea "

Perhaps the excuse for letting him off further persistent breaches is that thiz warning was given to R4J !!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    To quote our lord and master:

"Rattea said: 04-05-2017 06:55 AM

Hi R4J

This is probably a better way to habe a word with you than publicly on the forum.

Can you refrain from cutting and pasting into threads. It's plagiarism and likely to get the board into trouble. Please add your own comments and a link to article you want to draw attention to......

Also if you can refrain from the practice of posting immediately after yourself multiple times its breaking up threads and a lot of the other posts find it very anouyed.

There is no issue with having different opinions to others that's what it's all about and we encourage that. I think if you can do the above it will give other posters less of a target to aim at.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Rattea "

Perhaps the excuse for letting him off further persistent breaches is that thiz warning was given to R4J !!

I don't see there being an issue with a private warning, the guy is new and its a fair approach, but surely after multiple breaches and clear cases of ignoring the warning, as indeed he did whenever one of us politely suggested a change in tack, one would have thought that the time had come for action by the Mod as was dished out to a number of us?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Straight cut and paste from official site, when will this end
    It wont as he seems unable to take on board any communication.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)