+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strachan away

Strachan away

in a dignified way. Excellent outcome IMO. Now all we need to worry about is who will take over.

Not too keen on any of the candidates who appear to be the bookies favourites. Read Claire Petulengro recently in the Courier, the Euromillions Lottery had me thinking about luck, and I wondered if the SFA should get some help from a horoscope expert, or someone who does astrological charts. Might be more effective than following the bookies and assuming that because someone is the favourite they must be the best person for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    in a dignified way. Excellent outcome IMO. Now all we need to worry about is who will take over.

Not too keen on any of the candidates who appear to be the bookies favourites. Read Claire Petulengro recently in the Courier, the Euromillions Lottery had me thinking about luck, and I wondered if the SFA should get some help from a horoscope expert, or someone who does astrological charts. Might be more effective than following the bookies and assuming that because someone is the favourite they must be the best person for the job.
    Not that I'm massively interested but I reckon it will be a very very safe appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not that I'm massively interested but I reckon it will be a very very safe appointment.
    Is there any point in trying to highlight the blazers who have been in charge of the SFA for almost all the time that we have not qualified for any international competition. I wonder if there's more need to change the leadership of the SFA since it looks to me as though many of them have been in place for a considerable time. If the same people are making the decisions it seems unlikely that we will get a better result.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Is there any point in trying to highlight the blazers who have been in charge of the SFA for almost all the time that we have not qualified for any international competition. I wonder if there's more need to change the leadership of the SFA since it looks to me as though many of them have been in place for a considerable time. If the same people are making the decisions it seems unlikely that we will get a better result.
    It's pretty easy to qualify for next tourney ( well much easier) that's why I think they will go for safe appointment in a " just get us there type of thing".

Other much bigger football nations have went back to the drawing board and reaped the rewards, Germany, France and Spain. To a lesser extent wales and Iceland.

But for major change those that are in line for a top blazer job would really have to rock the boat and by doing this would jeopardise their chance of getting aforementioned top blazer job. Chicken n egg.

Example when your at the front o the checkout queue in Tesco behind a slow coach do you jump queue when new till opens?

Example 2 the most outspoken on here 're objecting to pensioners concessions being abolished arnae pensioners but those who the concession will soon be theirs😁

It's the nearly there scenario......dont rock the boat and you'll eventually get the prize.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)