+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Reading ***Matchday Thread***

Have to say that we have missed the influence of Kyle Bartlett this season, I don't think Jansson is the same player alongside Cooper. Christianson should have kept faith with Pennington after all the lad, although he had a bad one at Wednesday ( and who didn't ) needs time to gel with his defensive partners. I also agree that Phillips is struggling and how Vierra is not even making the squad is a complete mystery.

Strange TC dropped Felix after he backed him to the hilt in the pre match pressser . He insisted he had faith in him and then dropped him . Lonergan did well but let's face it he is a number 2 now at any championship club . The irony of it is I would of backed Felix to save the goal as if he's good at anything it's 1 on 1s.
    The game could of gone either way but I suspect if we did steal a point or somehow nick the win we would still all feel much the same about the overall performance .
    Agree with many of the posters before that Dallas and Viera must get more minutes. I'd like to see us also go back to Roofe up top with a better unit of attacking players trying to score rather then knock it up to Lassoga who for me looks not a bad buy but unfit .
    You know when a pacey run down the wing from Sacko in the second half is the only thing to get excited about we're in trouble .
    Last edited by jimmybn; 15-10-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Didn't TC provide a dossier in his job interview stating how he could have changed the games we were losing under Monk with tactical changes?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that it impressed AR and it was part of the reason he was handed the gig.

I would suggest he re-reads that dossier.
    AR would be better getting someone who knows about tactics to look at it. I'm pretty sure he knows nothing about them. It looks to like TC did his homework, talked the talk and got the job. So far he's proven inept and hasn't been able to make a change to change a game. We were getting battered at Millwall but I thought if we get to half-time at 0-0 he'll change things for the better. He didn't/couldn't and the battering continued. That was really worrying for me. Any manager with a bit of tactical nous would have seen the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    AR would be better getting someone who knows about tactics to look at it. I'm pretty sure he knows nothing about them. It looks to like TC did his homework, talked the talk and got the job. So far he's proven inept and hasn't been able to make a change to change a game. We were getting battered at Millwall but I thought if we get to half-time at 0-0 he'll change things for the better. He didn't/couldn't and the battering continued. That was really worrying for me. Any manager with a bit of tactical nous would have seen the problem.
    Agree 100%.

Its gut wrenching to see how we are now after the start we had.

I honestly can't see anything changing given the problem has been there since Millwall away.

Question is how will AR react if this poor form/results continue?

Said it on another thread but at the end of the day it is a results business..a number 2 with championship experience is a very good call and it could save him his job!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Strange TC dropped Felix after he backed him to the hilt in the pre match pressser . He insisted he had faith in him and then dropped him . Lonergan did well but let's face it he is a number 2 now at any championship club . The irony of it is I would of backed Felix to save the goal as if he's good at anything it's 1 on 1s.
    The game could of gone either way but I suspect if we did steal a point or somehow nick the win we would still all feel much the same about the overall performance .
    Agree with many of the posters before that Dallas and Viera must get more minutes. I'd like to see us also go back to Roofe up top with a better unit of attacking players trying to score rather then knock it up to Lassoga who for me looks not a bad buy but unfit .
    You know when a pacey run down the wing from Sacko in the second half is the only thing to get excited about we're in trouble .
    Like, honestly

What planet is this guy occupying;

“That was what we expected from him, (Sacko), but still there were situations where he had to have more space and more runs, but, of course, the few things that he did was good,” Christiansen told BBC Radio Leeds about Sacko.

"The few things that he did"??????????

The ONLY thing he did was run around a lot and cross like my 5-year old granddaughter could. Jesus Christ on a bike! If he had more space he'd be playing in the ER parking ground and if he ran any more (to absolutely no effect whatsoever) we'd need a pitch the size of Yorkshire!

Mind you, having been given a 3-year deal in the summer (WTF was THAT for??), I suppose the powers that be have to say something positive, no matter how far from the truth it is!

For all the fans who like to single out players for constant crap and complain about their team despite currently being in the playoffs which was the minimum target this season, go and support scapegoat united, you'll fit in their very nicely!

I have complained about Sacko for a loooooonnnnggg time, and his performances have singularly failed to improve despite the best efforts (??) of a number of coaches and combinations of back room staff. Why the f00k should I or anyone else who has criticisms of club policy, actions and performance stay silent, just because the club decides to hand out a 3-year contract to this guy, or employ some NONENTITY from the Bundesliga to sit between the posts, etc etc? You're suggesting we all sit round the camp fire singing Kumbaya and smile through gritted teeth perhaps?

As for where we are in the division, your comment would carry a hell of a lot more weight if we weren't descending from No.1, with performances that would be shameful if we were in League 2, never mind the Championship, and with no indication that coach or players have the faintest idea as to why we have dropped off a cliff or what to do about it.

Recent performances would suggest 11 scapegoats..they have all been well under par with maybe a couple of exceptions.

Well..a few are talking the talk now and basically admitting they have been 'sh1t' of late.

Talk is cheap..do it on the field.

*Like*

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)