+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Aston Villa Matchday Thread

What a fecking finish. Magnificent!!

2-0, top of the league, top of the league!!!

Cavaleiro outstanding for me tonight.

Top of the league

Villa had their moments but in the end we had just that little bit more class to get us over the line. Long may it continue. If I had timed my vacation better I could have been at that game, but oh no, what do I get, Sheff Utd away on a rainy night. *******s!!

Without doubt, this was the best Wolves performance I have seen for years. Make a list of all the superlatives you can think off and they would describe the team tonight. I had concerns that the International break would have a detrimental bearing on the squad, but it was quite the opposite.

Villa came for a draw, playing five across the back and sat a long way out from their goal, which in turn initiated a patient approach from the Wanderers. Hardly a pass went astray, while the opposition became frustrated chasing shadows. This resulted in some rash challenges, one on Costa was so late it was almost tomorrow.

Neves reminds me in no small way of Peter Broadbent, Just how good is this lad going to be? Jota never stopped running and the defenders looked rock solid. Cody is a revelation this season, hitting crossfield passes with consummate ease and clearing up any sniff of danger.

A supporter a few rows behind me, was not happy, He spent the entire match screaming at the players to get rid, get it up field, and blasted Batth at every opportunity. If he was the manager we would still be watching the dross that has been on the menu for the last two seasons.

The largest crowd at Molineux since the eighties were in good voice and created a wonderful atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Without doubt, this was the best Wolves performance I have seen for years. Make a list of all the superlatives you can think off and they would describe the team tonight. I had concerns that the International break would have a detrimental bearing on the squad, but it was quite the opposite.

Villa came for a draw, playing five across the back and sat a long way out from their goal, which in turn initiated a patient approach from the Wanderers. Hardly a pass went astray, while the opposition became frustrated chasing shadows. This resulted in some rash challenges, one on Costa was so late it was almost tomorrow.

Neves reminds me in no small way of Peter Broadbent, Just how good is this lad going to be? Jota never stopped running and the defenders looked rock solid. Cody is a revelation this season, hitting crossfield passes with consummate ease and clearing up any sniff of danger.

A supporter a few rows behind me, was not happy, He spent the entire match screaming at the players to get rid, get it up field, and blasted Batth at every opportunity. If he was the manager we would still be watching the dross that has been on the menu for the last two seasons.

The largest crowd at Molineux since the eighties were in good voice and created a wonderful atmosphere.
    it was very late.

Just like watching Brazil, eh?

Lets make no mistake about the dominance of this performance. Apart from a Snodgrass free kick that tapped the bar a 0-2 down Wolves battered Villa from start to finish. We out passed them, out fought them and out thought them. it was so one sided that the media coverage on Sky Sports and Channel 5 didn't have to do any editing to show Villa's limited highlights.

This is the best Wolves side I have seen since Bill McGarry's 1973/74 team, and I don't say that lightly, Villa, on the other hand are a country mile behind us, despite the recent optimism the local media have been expressing on the back of their recent triumphs over second rate stock.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post

It was nice to see you today even thou it was ever so briefly. Your more than welcome to come and share a pint with us in the Old Still anytime you want

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this one, Gav'. Here in Oz it's live on Bein 2 so I get a rare opportunity to see the lads perform in what should be a good game. Win this one and it'll put us at the top of the 'Champ' !!!..... COYW !!!
    I'm glad Wolves put on a decent performance for those inside Molineux as well as those watching on television here and abroad. The performance yesterday was very good and i would put on a par with our victory away at Hull. Wolves defended well when needed, looked a threat and pressed in midfield and caused Villa no end of problems in attack. It's quick and easy to analyse a game as a television pundit, some would suggest in the first half both sides could have had a couple of penalties apiece. It's how the ref views each individual incident.

I did think at the half-time whistle that we could be heading for a 0-0, despite Batth, Saiss and Neves having chances to score.

The turning point of the game for me was the introduction of Bonatini for Costa at the start of the second half. Bonatini offers a good link up and it gave Jota more freedom going forward. The two goals were well taken and no more than Wolves deserved. It could have easily have been three but for the chance cleared off the line.

I don't think Villa played that bad, but they just wasn't a match for Wolves. The Snodgrass free-kick and a couple of late half chances is all they had.

A fully deserved win and Preston at Molineux next weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)