+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too much ice in the Antarctic

Too much ice in the Antarctic

Sad story of all but 2 penguin chicks dying because there is too much ice for their parents to cross to get to food and bring it back before they starve.
    How does this sit with global warming?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41608722
    Last edited by oldcolner; 14-10-2017 at 08:00 AM.

There have been two ships recently trying to break through to the poles to demonstrate that the ice is melting. Both got stuck in the ice.

You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sad story of all but 2 penguin chicks dying because there is too much ice for their parents to cross to get to food and bring it back before they starve.
    How does this sit with global warming?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41608722
    I'm lost, I really am!

Even the "experts" are perplexed by this.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/3...global-warming

The fact is that since the late 70's the Arctic has lost an average of 20,800 sq miles of sea ice per annum.
    In the same time the Antarctic has gained an average of 7,300 sq miles of sea ice per annum.

And the fact that the global temperature is rising is not in dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

And the fact that the global temperature is rising is not in dispute.
    I think we can agree on that 59-60, perhaps I should keep an eye open for the four horsemen. I think the rate of rise is sometimes a matter of dispute, and we totally disagree on what we should be doing about it. But yep, I agree it's rising, so we can both go to bed happy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree it's rising, so we can both go to bed happy tonight.
    I'm very confused, have I got this right ? Both you and 59_60 are an item now

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I'm very confused, have I got this right ? Both you and 59_60 are an item now
    They blow hot and cold though

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)