+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If The Takeover Does Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    When I said we I was actually referring to a number of fans who didn't want the takeover. Personally I can see both sides. It would be nice to compete on a more even keel but on the other hand foreign investment always seems dangerous and would it be so bad to carry on as we have in the past.

It's a hard one to call I accept that . The club needs to be sold though, I'm just going down the thought process that it is what it is and we may as well enjoy the ride.

I do know they want to invest in the Academy and make it a Class A which is good thing . They want to develop around the ground but keep us at Oakwell which is a good thing .

For me there's no more risk with foreign than English investment, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I'm guessing I'm one of the ones with limited ambition?
    There's no telling what form any kind of takeover would take. Some would be acceptable to me, but if it's anything like the ones at Wolves & Watford then it wouldn't.
    How any of those Wolves fans could feel any sort of attachment to that team tonight I don't know. I'd rather be in league one with a team I can relate to, than be top of the league with the Portugese national under 21 team wearing the red shirt.
    The difference between Wolves and Villa tonight was that at least Villa looked like a Villa team.
    A British manager with a core of British players.
    If you want to sell your soul then that's your choice. I'll watch from a distance.
    If they were to pump a few million in and keep our identity then I'm fine with that.
    It's a fine line and I won't know straight away. It's a shame PC couldn't be around for a while to mediate.
    They're not going to pump millions and millions into paying daft wages etc . I've seen some of their proposals and they want to invest in the infrastructure and develop the area around the ground but they're not going to have us competing with Wolves for £25m signings

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yourself and SB mi owd .
    You say you wont ever accept lower league football ? Well that's exactly what me SB and many others had to do , we've seen highs and plenty of lows but still supported the club , you sound as If we dropped down a league or two you would pack in ? We've been down there with crowds ranging from 1k to 36k , we will play in the division we deserve to be in , and if it's non league I will still go , Will You ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I'm guessing I'm one of the ones with limited ambition?
    There's no telling what form any kind of takeover would take. Some would be acceptable to me, but if it's anything like the ones at Wolves & Watford then it wouldn't.
    How any of those Wolves fans could feel any sort of attachment to that team tonight I don't know. I'd rather be in league one with a team I can relate to, than be top of the league with the Portugese national under 21 team wearing the red shirt.
    The difference between Wolves and Villa tonight was that at least Villa looked like a Villa team.
    A British manager with a core of British players.
    If you want to sell your soul then that's your choice. I'll watch from a distance.
    If they were to pump a few million in and keep our identity then I'm fine with that.
    It's a fine line and I won't know straight away. It's a shame PC couldn't be around for a while to mediate.
    Your problem hodger in my opinion is football today and not necessarily the takeover of our club .

Rightly or wrongly the games moved on , Wolves fans won't care who owns them or how much they are paying some of their players just as long as they are top of the league and winning football games .

Neither would many of our younger support , this is the football world they know and we are from a different generation but that shouldn't stop us trying to understanding it .

This is the game today and that is that and nothing will change that .

I simply refuse to accept the lower league mantra when there's an opportunity for us to compete and grow .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    You say you wont ever accept lower league football ? Well that's exactly what me SB and many others had to do , we've seen highs and plenty of lows but still supported the club , you sound as If we dropped down a league or two you would pack in ? We've been down there with crowds ranging from 1k to 36k , we will play in the division we deserve to be in , and if it's non league I will still go , Will You ?
    You haven't seen anything I haven't seen roma so let's clear that one up straight away , I've seen us hammered at Stockport on a friday night and losing at home to Darlington in front of 1500 .

The point I'm trying to make is that this club is historically a championship one , that is where the bar should always be set and just glad we have a club to support falls way short of what our expectations should be .

You are actually running the club down in a way even though you probably don't mean to .

There's little point in producing the BFC loyalty card to make a point because the debate isn't about that .

The debate is about becoming the best we can be and not accepting lower league football , it's about looking forwards and not backwards .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They're not going to pump millions and millions into paying daft wages etc . I've seen some of their proposals and they want to invest in the infrastructure and develop the area around the ground but they're not going to have us competing with Wolves for £25m signings
    And I hope that day never comes , we played a good side today who have spent over 50 million on players this season , they were not that much better than us and only got the same amount of points from the game , Greed has killed this game , no level playing field anymore , rewarding teams for failing , give every Championship club 25 million to spend on their teams and then see how good they are ? It won't happen of course because clubs like ourselves are not wanted by the so called Big clubs , we are just an annoyance to them

And I hope that day never comes , we played a good side today who have spent over 50 million on players this season , they were not that much better than us and only got the same amount of points from the game , Greed has killed this game , no level playing field anymore , rewarding teams for failing , give every Championship club 25 million to spend on their teams and then see how good they are ? It won't happen of course because clubs like ourselves are not wanted by the so called Big clubs , we are just an annoyance to them
    That's as much to do with image as anything else , there are similar sized clubs to ourselves in the PL who don't suffer the same stigma .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You haven't seen anything I haven't seen roma so let's clear that one up straight away , I've seen us hammered at Stockport on a friday night and losing at home to Darlington in front of 1500 .

The point I'm trying to make is that this club is historically a championship one , that is where the bar should always be set and just glad we have a club to support falls way short of what our expectations should be .

You are actually running the club down in a way even though you probably don't mean to .

There's little point in producing the BFC loyalty card to make a point because the debate isn't about that .

The debate is about becoming the best we can be and not accepting lower league football , it's about looking forwards and not backwards .
    So let's look forward and not backwards ? Isn't historically the club being a championship one ? That's past surely , and let's get this straight I'm not playing the loyalty card neither , and if truth be known I will have seen more than yourself , the age difference would make that obvious , I'm all for moving on and having ambition , that's why I attend most under 23s under 18s games I can , I want better for all the fans , throwing cash around that's not ours ill come back to haunt us , save your well rehearsed lines for them times mate ,

So let's look forward and not backwards ? Isn't historically the club being a championship one ? That's past surely , and let's get this straight I'm not playing the loyalty card neither , and if truth be known I will have seen more than yourself , the age difference would make that obvious , I'm all for moving on and having ambition , that's why I attend most under 23s under 18s games I can , I want better for all the fans , throwing cash around that's not ours ill come back to haunt us , save your well rehearsed lines for them times mate ,
    We've thrown 9 million quid of somebody else's cash around for the last 14 years haven't we ?

I genuinely don't think you and SB have quite got to grips with this takeover and the way they want to run the club .

I don't know whether it's to do with not liking change , suspicious of change or your just stuck in your ways .

personally i couldn't give a flying fig who owns the club just as long as there not going to bankrupt us i started watching us back in the forth division theres not many many games i remember as i was a nip and cud just see over the wall at front.
    started watch proper in 82 theres a few seasons ive missed due to dole or crap wages or working weekends.
    but theres one thing for sure i'll allways go and follow them which ever league we end up in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast