+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup draw

Crewe away....David Artell...

Memories of Bobby Williamson in front of a packed away end

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    And stood ankle deep in Pish in the bogs at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    3-1 to us. Bobby hat trick. Raggy going down for the penalty and giving a sneaky thumbs up to the away end when he got up. Their goal was handball. Ohhhh its all coming back to me. Great game.

Not the most interesting of cup ties, and we'll probably lose - they are a decent cup team, we arent!. I don't suppose we can complain about the draw after throwing away last year's FA Cup home tie against Oxford U. Surely our standard of defending can't be as awful again? Still might go to the match though, as it would be a new ground for me

By the way - Shaw Lane have got Steve Evans' Mansfied Town at home.... could be some fun there
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-10-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Typical draw, a ground i've been to a trillion times but at least it's easy by train and it's not too bad of a day out could have been worse.

I hope we go with the strongest team possible and try and go on a decent run in the fa cup which is well over due. I think the last time we went on a decent run in the fa cup it was Crewe who beat us the round before the quarters i think, we owe them one!

David Artell. Millers fan and so are his family
    Jordan Bowery. Needs to get different job.
    Michael Raynes is just....Michael Raynes
    and poor old Chris Dagnall. Never seen a player bricking it so much on the run up.

Alan Stubbs son Sam a centre-back is there on loan from Wigan.
    Chris Porter ex Sheffield United is also on the books there.
    A banana skin waiting to happen this one.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Typical draw, a ground i've been to a trillion times but at least it's easy by train and it's not too bad of a day out could have been worse.

I hope we go with the strongest team possible and try and go on a decent run in the fa cup which is well over due. I think the last time we went on a decent run in the fa cup it was Crewe who beat us the round before the quarters i think, we owe them one!
    4th round 2001 when we lost 4-2 at Millmoor after beating Southampton in the 3rd round.

Only time we ever made that round (5th) was when we lost to Leicester after a replay in March 1968 in front of 41,856 at Filbert Street after a 1-1 draw at Millmoor 4 days earlier.

Coincidently our opponents on both occasions lost to Everton in the next round.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 16-10-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Sounds like there's quite a few people on the Crewe payroll who might have a bit of a grudge against the Millers for various reasons - likely to be a tough game for us. Warney needs to make sure that our players know what the situation is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast