+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Filth

The Filth

Jesus wept, is this what we pay them for ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryVMF_Xg4tE

Absolute stupidity.

But they were only acting under orders.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Absolute stupidity.

Just like in the miners strike where they volunteered for overtime to go and kick the miners heads in on the picket lines.. Filth

Aye Alf. The good old boys of the South Yarkshire police force who were given "special powers" by Thatcher.

The OP is strange though. Did the police think that if they removed the tea lady the fracking protesters would disperse?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Absolute stupidity.

Tell you what 59-60, if I was a PC and had been ordered to do what they were doing, I'd have been so embarrassed I'd have handed my badge and uniform in and gone and got a proper job.

Looking at this situation they are doing an order which someone higher has told them to do ,if they don't do it ,then good bye,you are no longer in this police force ,or any other.Its someone above then that has given the order and that is to protect the party's policy,the government's policy. Attack the Government that ordered this.Shout down with Tory government !!!

This a system where you have voted for a government to be in power. Think why have political voting? What good is it ....it needs to change. What does that form,that system do for you ? The answer is to end this system and to have a leadership of moralists. Now the question is how to have a leadership of moralists. Thats the 64 K dollar question. How to make leaders morally and honestly serving the people, not this ''elite''in power today that think only about themselves. Its self interest and business as usual! The present system has been for donkeys years ,and will be still more even for your children. It needs changing and the time will be ripe where you will have to change it.
    In the future it will be ''Economic democracy'' , you will vote in your work place to improve your earnings. Not a system as we have today were when you vote ,nothing you do increases your earnings!! That candidate goes off and votes what his party wants ,and that may not be the principles that you voted for?? How to have a leadership of moralists is another subject. If we were in another frame of mind even this 'tea lady' could topple a government .(But we have not even started to think differently!! )
    ( A 3 tiered system ,small business, main stay Co-operatives ,and large scale heavy industries owned by the government!)

I'm surprised any of you are surprised by Tory government backed police brutality...

Attachment 6823

I was on the receiving end of this when as a member of the NGA we went to support our comrades in the South Yorkshire coalfields during the Miners' strike. I still have the legacy of a broken shoulder to remind me what hostility the Tories display towards the "ordinary" people who dare to stand up to fascism.

I think some posters need to calm down, have a nice cup of tea, and get a grip, this isn't a case of police brutality, you can see quite clearly that the officers involved are extremely reluctant to even touch the tea lady. What the outcome of this incident was I've no idea but I doubt the lady came to any harm at all. What this is imo is an example of all too typical heavy-handed policing, almost akin to bullying. When faced with a couple of hundred German morons at Turf Moor they back off and abandon the game, when faced with an old lady they're in mob handed, shoving a camera in her face.

This sort of incident will occur whatever government we have, ask the relatives of Ian Tomlinson, you can't ask Ian himself, he's dead, as a result of police brutality under a Labour Government.

The difference is "Kettling" was denounced by Jeremy Corbyn and his left wing cronies whilst Amber Rudd remains totally silent as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The difference is "Kettling" was denounced by Jeremy Corbyn and his left wing cronies whilst Amber Rudd remains totally silent as usual.
    Will this denunciation bring Ian Tomlinson back, or is it just another leftie virtue-signalling platitude ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)