+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread vs Barnet

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    So where were you sat in the ground??
    my 'Location' on my post may give it away

Superb Notts....battling, scrapping......Barnet always looked likely to nick a goal with the excellent Campbell-Ryce......Pindroch made 3 superb saves but had no chance with Barnet goal, low and hard to his left-hand corner from a stupid error from whoever was ar right back, tried to hoof it upfield as he was falling over, GET IT INTO TOUCH....no idea why the commentators said we were struggling?.....I thought we looked good.....2-1 was a fair result.....stand-out players were Yates with a bullet header, superb tackling, Shola showed touches of pure class, Grant was back on form.....back 4 looked solid until the last 10 minutes when it was helter-skelter

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ....Pindroch made 3 superb saves but had no chance with Barnet goal, low and hard to his left-hand corner from a stupid error from whoever was ar right back,
    Was your commentary in Spanish Tarquin

On the train home, we were comfortable today until grant missed an open goal at two nil after about sixty mins then tried our hardest to draw the game. They weren't much to shout about, if they hadn't of had Campbell -ryce then they wouldn't have created anything. Still like I say more than comfortable for two thirds of the game and more importantly back to three points!!

Another win and top of the league, but it wasn't a great performance. I can't work out if we're in a false position or if Nolan just knows how to win. Two contrasting styles today - we were direct and created a fair few chances, Barnet were comfortable on the ball but created less. The fact we can't keep the ball bothers me, but I guess that's not really part of Nolan's plan. Great to get back to winning ways, even if we made hard work of it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    On the train home, we were comfortable today until grant missed an open goal at two nil after about sixty mins then tried our hardest to draw the game. They weren't much to shout about, if they hadn't of had Campbell -ryce then they wouldn't have created anything. Still like I say more than comfortable for two thirds of the game and more importantly back to three points!!

Overall a deserved win but bloody hell, we don't half make it hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Was your commentary in Spanish Tarquin
    He's in good company, the official club twitter feed has:

Notts County FC‏Verified account @Official_NCFC 56m56 minutes ago

FULL-TIME! #Notts 2-1 Barnet. Goals from Shaun Brisley and Ryan Yates send Notts back to the top of League Two!

Maybe they watched it on iFollow too. Those numbers are hard to read at the best of times as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Superb Notts....battling, scrapping......Barnet always looked likely to nick a goal with the excellent Campbell-Ryce......Pindroch made 3 superb saves but had no chance with Barnet goal, low and hard to his left-hand corner from a stupid error from whoever was ar right back, tried to hoof it upfield as he was falling over, GET IT INTO TOUCH....no idea why the commentators said we were struggling?.....I thought we looked good.....2-1 was a fair result.....stand-out players were Yates with a bullet header, superb tackling, Shola showed touches of pure class, Grant was back on form.....back 4 looked solid until the last 10 minutes when it was helter-skelter
    Fitzsimons mate .

I thought one of the saves was a worldie

JCR ( was surprised and a little disappointed some fans decided to boo him ) ran the show today and you to say Barnet deserved at least a point . Shola , Dicko , Tootle and Yates ( my MOM also ) had good games . The rest were not very good to say the least .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast