+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Match thread vs Barnet

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    It was a shame that JCR was boo'd because he did not deserve that. He was a good servant to the club and in his loan spell from Sheff Utd with us he was one of the instrumental players that helped us to stay in League One. It proves that some football fans are a fickle bunch.
    Yes, completely agree....if Hughsey was playing for a non-league club that we drew in the FA cup......would people boo him?......personally, it would sicken me

I wouldn't mind J.C.R back with us

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    I wouldn't mind J.C.R back with us
    After watching his display yesterday......he would be a huge addition on our road to the L2 title

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Yes, completely agree....if Hughsey was playing for a non-league club that we drew in the FA cup......would people boo him?......personally, it would sicken me
    Unfortunately as shown on this board some fans are clueless and don’t understand / appreciate what some players do for the team. As someone else as said, if JCR’s performance yesterday was the norm for Barnet week in week out he would be a massive addition to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Unfortunately as shown on this board some fans are clueless and don’t understand / appreciate what some players do for the team. As someone else as said, if JCR’s performance yesterday was the norm for Barnet week in week out he would be a massive addition to our squad.
    He danced around with the ball showboating to the crowd when he should have got his crosses/shots in earlier. It could be that this is why he's not playing a league higher.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 16-10-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He danced around with the ball showboating to the crowd when he should have got his crosses/shots in earlier. It could be that this is why he's not playing a league higher.
    I and many fans around us thought he was Barnet's best player, we gave him to much time on the ball and he started to run the show for them especially in the second half. We should have put someone like Milsom to man mark him-imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He actually put some decent crosses in, at the time I thought Shola would have relished quality deliveries like that.

I thought JCR looked more effective and involved in the free role Barnet used him in. We used him as a wide player and struggled to get him on the ball at times. He was still one of our better performers at the time so I don't get the booing either.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I and many fans around us thought he was Barnet's best player, we gave him to much time on the ball and he started to run the show for them especially in the second half. We should have put someone like Milsom to man mark him-imo.
    I thought he was their best too, I merely make the point that once he beat his man, if he crossed the ball then, before Notts defenders were back in place, that would have been more effective than showing he could beat him again before delivering the telling pass.

I agree too, that booing was undeserved.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678