+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jotters. Now!

tbf we havent played 4231 in recent games. (since falkirk game) maybe changed players at some points to make it a 4231 but yesterday we were woeful with 442 then second half we played 4231 with keatings out on the left and although we werent great we were slightly better than the 1st half showing!

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    This is now so far beyond the pale. Last 3 away games I and the loyal 900 to 1400 have been at (missed the day out at Pars) have been up there amongst the worst dozen shows I have seen. Could easily have lost SIX at Paisley and 4 yesterday. We have again a team without a heart. If you add Brechin and Dumbarton.at at home that is five utter shockers out of 9. Not good enough unless we want a 7 or 17 year jolly.. we will be dead by the end of that.

Anyone that wasn't at those 3 games has no idea how awful we are playing. The Dunfermline game looks like the blip.

Time to change quickly before St Mirren are over the hills and far away. Based on how he set up yesterday to batter us I would take Hopkin.
    The Brechin, St Mirren and Dumbarton games are the worst 3 league games in a row I’ve ever witnessed I never my 35 years watching United

Morton and Dunfermline were acceptable as was QotS, certainly in this division

Brechin was awful but 3 pts so not too fussed, Dumbarton was awful, self inflicted with early comedy gift of a goal, unacceptable performance and dropped pts, St Mirren unacceptable

Performances or style aren't that big a deal, not in this division, we need to be harder to beat away from home (we evidently are at Tannadice with one defeat in 35), like Hibs last season (albeit they had a huge budget for this division and continuity for three years), they were brutal to watch by all accounts and drew almost half their games, doesn't matter they got promotion

We wont get promoted as things stand

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    The most worrying thing for me yesterday was the lack of ability of our players. The only player that could control the ball like a professional footballer was Scott MacDonald. The lack of composure throughout the team is unbelievable for men whose full time job is football.

The manager is equally as bad in respect to what his job is. It's like Jackie all over again - no tactics, just throw a team on the park and think you'll win because you have better player. It didn't work with Jackie when we actually did have better players so it won't work with that bunch of soft as scheidt amateurs.
    This is one of the most sensible posts I've ever seen on here to be honest.

for those who are not yet sure/think we should wait a while longer..... how long would it take? He has had over 70 games in charge, surely that's long enough to have a team looking capable of winning this league. I think we have waited long enough

Good point made regarding the next three games then a wee break. Make or break time for Ray.

We need to be knocking out decent results and performances but is it likely?

4 or less points from 9 and he's got to go.

two games at home should take care of themselves, especially St Mirren as that will be our "big" home game this season.

Ray and the players need to show some Troy Deeney style cojones and get some results, and performances that make the fans see some heart and desire.

The problem with Mckinnon is and always has been is we are murder to watch. Take away McMullan start of season (seems to have nose dived dramatically) and Andreu at times, we are deplorable to watch. When winning fans can condone it, but losing and playing like that at the level we are now at is unacceptable.

Inherited many problems but effectively has been a failure.

Relegated us (Excuses I know but he will be known as manager in charge when we were relegated)
    Finished 3rd in 2nd tier (Hibs expected to win league but no way should be 3rd)
    Failed in play offs (Think we played well for 2 halves of the 6 games).
    Now we look like wilting this season in a league with a rotten Falkirk & ICT not even challenging.

He has also been backed to the hilt from baldy IMO when it comes to transfers. Thompson a cretin but cannot say he hasn't backed him.McKinnon needs to go, been saying it for about a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzP83 View Post
    The problem with Mckinnon is and always has been is we are murder to watch. Take away McMullan start of season (seems to have nose dived dramatically) and Andreu at times, we are deplorable to watch. When winning fans can condone it, but losing and playing like that at the level we are now at is unacceptable.

Inherited many problems but effectively has been a failure.

Relegated us (Excuses I know but he will be known as manager in charge when we were relegated)
    Finished 3rd in 2nd tier (Hibs expected to win league but no way should be 3rd)
    Failed in play offs (Think we played well for 2 halves of the 6 games).
    Now we look like wilting this season in a league with a rotten Falkirk & ICT not even challenging.

He has also been backed to the hilt from baldy IMO when it comes to transfers. Thompson a cretin but cannot say he hasn't backed him.McKinnon needs to go, been saying it for about a year now.
    Absolutely bang on with your assessment Razzp83. Thompson hasn't been the problem this season , this is all down to McKinnon. Flood, Murdoch , N'koyi and King are stealing a wage. Durnan and Edgenguele been dire, Robson hasn't improved a bit under McKinnon. Fyvie inconsistent.

Truth of the matter has there been even one player that has improved under McKinnon - the answer is no. Players are in decline under his leadership

Bad as things are under Ray's leadership, I really dread his departure if ST is still in charge. I have absolutely no confidence that a ST replacement would give us one ounce of improvement.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)