+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jotters. Now!

So Tannadicebunnet thinks razz is spot on, yet razz thinks McKinnon relegated us despite managing Raith at the time in a different division

That's why it's hard to take this place serious

This obsession about the style of football as if the rest of Scottish football are playing good stuff, it's meaningless in this division, away form must improve if we are to get promotion, style of play though I'm really not fussed, will worry about that if we ever get back to where Levein,Houston and McNamara (pre feb 2015) had us

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Bad as things are under Ray's leadership, I really dread his departure if ST is still in charge. I have absolutely no confidence that a ST replacement would give us one ounce of improvement.
    It wouldn't and that is the problem with getting rid of ANOTHER manager under Thompson's reign. He'll go for another cheap up n coming option who doesn't have what it takes to rip our club apart and start again from bottom up like Levein did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadicebunnet View Post
    Absolutely bang on with your assessment Razzp83. Thompson hasn't been the problem this season , this is all down to McKinnon. Flood, Murdoch , N'koyi and King are stealing a wage. Durnan and Edgenguele been dire, Robson hasn't improved a bit under McKinnon. Fyvie inconsistent.

Truth of the matter has there been even one player that has improved under McKinnon - the answer is no. Players are in decline under his leadership
    Thompson IS the problem. It's his ****e recruitment that got us here in the first place. McKinnon is only doing his best, which isn't good enough. If Thompson had brought in the right manager this time, last time and the time before that, we wouldn't be where we are. FACT.

@shedka of course Ray never got us relegated but everything else razz said is hard to disagree with. The majority of united fans and pundits thought the appointment of McKinnon would be correct choice . oh how wrong we were. The fans that are still backing McKinnon are probably the same fans that had faith in mixu to keep us up even though he was clearly abysmal . time for McKinnon to go now , the players clearly don't buy into his tactics, look unfit, and disinterested. Maybe McKinnon is just too nice a guy for the job

@shedka of course Ray never got us relegated but everything else razz said is hard to disagree with. The majority of united fans and pundits thought the appointment of McKinnon would be correct choice . oh how wrong we were. The fans that are still backing McKinnon are probably the same fans that had faith in mixu to keep us up even though he was clearly abysmal . time for McKinnon to go now , the players clearly don't buy into his tactics, look unfit, and disinterested. Maybe McKinnon is just too nice a guy for the job
    Have to agree with the McKinnon must go bit. In any business where the managers ideas are obviously not working, you will witness a disinterested workforce who will appear sluggish and bored oot their nappers, especially when the manager keeps pressing his bad ideas forward. Haven't yet seen a 'nice guy' being successful in football.

Ray McKinnon yir tea's oot

I still think it's a bit knee jerk this season to be changing manager, especially with our finances, changing manager will not get us promoted this season, will cause upheaval at a bad time when we have seen little signs that there is a team there that can compete v Morton and Dunfermline, the 2 week break probably came at the wrong time for us, the home form is good enough, a little improvement on current away form this season will see us in the hunt for first, it's going to be tight all the way with ups and downs

And no, I was one of the main people saying Mixu would be a disaster appointment and that we'd be better sticking with McNamara unless we were going to replace him with better, we wouldn't have gone down in that scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Major mind f*ck on the relegation statement! Ray's inept ways have got me mixing him up with the previous dud!

Anyway, hard to believe anyone connected with United is wishing McKinnon was still in the job. Away record is a disgrace and he is boring fans to tears.

I cant see baldy sacking him anytime soon, that's the worrying thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzP83 View Post
    Major mind f*ck on the relegation statement! Ray's inept ways have got me mixing him up with the previous dud!

Anyway, hard to believe anyone connected with United is wishing McKinnon was still in the job. Away record is a disgrace and he is boring fans to tears.

I cant see baldy sacking him anytime soon, that's the worrying thing.
    I gave up on McKinnon making it after the Dumbarton game where Keatings scored late on to save our blushes after the WORST performance I have ever seen from a Utd team in my 38years.

My dad is now the same after Livingston and we cant stomach watching such poor football away from home anymore so it's just home games on our season tickets now unless something drastic changes.

It surely can't get worse can it? (Admin isn't a solution and wont happen as ST wont get any money then), will use the money I save from stopping going to away games and use that for a Euromillions ticket and see if I can get a winner then buy ST out!

It's not just this season , performances last season were as bad and things are not improving and to be honest , there is no sign of things getting better with him as manager , fwiw I said at the time it was the wrong appointment , we need to get away from ex players who have come through our system as boss it has never worked and a bit of due diligence from badly would have shown him that

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I still think it's a bit knee jerk this season to be changing manager, especially with our finances, changing manager will not get us promoted this season, will cause upheaval at a bad time when we have seen little signs that there is a team there that can compete v Morton and Dunfermline, the 2 week break probably came at the wrong time for us, the home form is good enough, a little improvement on current away form this season will see us in the hunt for first, it's going to be tight all the way with ups and downs

And no, I was one of the main people saying Mixu would be a disaster appointment and that we'd be better sticking with McNamara unless we were going to replace him with better, we wouldn't have gone down in that scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Hahahaha more Shedka fantasy.....if we sacked RM this week the new manager would have 3/4 of the season to turn it around lol that's absolutely bags of time.

The 2 week break excuse is more fantasy, we have never ever played well as a team under RM we've never dominated teams over a run if games all we've managed are sporadic wins playing well here and there and ill say it again you cannot win championships scrapping wins all over the place you need to actually play well for long periods with the odd stumbles now and then.

He is absolutely one of the worst managers we've ever had and I really hope he gets punted before the month is out

3 away wins in 2017 in the championship is absolutely shocking and indefensible
    Last edited by arab_plumber; 16-10-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)