+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scùnthorpe United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    You don't understand Vaulks. He's a matchwinner. He's direct. Few passes went astray but none to the opposition.
    Stop telling people they don't understand Vaulks, they do, they can see he's a hard working lad who gets stuck in and tries his best but his passing is poor, which is a fundamental fault when you're playing in midfield. No passes went to the opposition? What game were you at? I'd hardly call him a matchwinner either, that was his first league goal since his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Stop telling people they don't understand Vaulks, they do, they can see he's a hard working lad who gets stuck in and tries his best but his passing is poor, which is a fundamental fault when you're playing in midfield. No passes went to the opposition? What game were you at? I'd hardly call him a matchwinner either, that was his first league goal since his debut.
    How many passes went astray in a dangerous position. I can't recall any. 2nd half he was a lot better, played the simple ball. Forde works hard but he's never had scored that 1st goal. Vaulks has got that extra. I'm not bothered what anybody says on here. If you can't see that that's your problem. It's so obvious, take the blinkers off.

I enjoyed today was a bit wary when I heard there was no Potter as well as Frecks but it worked with Ball being closer to Moore .

I thought Ball did well seen as he had recently been ill and he left nothing out on the pitch he look knackered when he came off .

I still prefer the system we play when everyone is fit but looks like we have found plan B .

Well done to all the players also Williams had a spell when nothing seemed to go right for him but he kept going and still contributed .

UTM

Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    How many passes went astray in a dangerous position. I can't recall any. 2nd half he was a lot better, played the simple ball. Forde works hard but he's never had scored that 1st goal. Vaulks has got that extra. I'm not bothered what anybody says on here. If you can't see that that's your problem. It's so obvious, take the blinkers off.
    Just because you can't recall any doesn't mean they didn't happen. Forde nearly scored a cracking goal that the keeper tipped round the post, but you'll have forgotten about that because it doesn't suit your argument. Don't get me wrong, I like Vaulks, I'll always cheer on somebody who tries like he does, but in my opinion is he better than Frecks? No. Is he better than Potter? No. Is he better than Towell? No. That puts him 4th choice for me in midfield.

Take the Blinkers off? That's a bit rich coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Shot a 74 today...
    Nine holes was it, gm_gm

Just because you can't recall any doesn't mean they didn't happen. Forde nearly scored a cracking goal that the keeper tipped round the post, but you'll have forgotten about that because it doesn't suit your argument. Don't get me wrong, I like Vaulks, I'll always cheer on somebody who tries like he does, but in my opinion is he better than Frecks? No. Is he better than Potter? No. Is he better than Towell? No. That puts him 4th choice for me in midfield.

Take the Blinkers off? That's a bit rich coming from you.
    My thoughts exactly

It is a squad game and Vaulks does a good job in our squad

Enjoyed today. We played well and against a good team. Seems a spirit amongst the squad that was obviously lacking last season. Early days yet but maybe we might do better than my predicted 13th place. Favourite game so far

Tough game today but we deserved to win.

You can see they are organised and efficient but honestly we’re better.
    Defence were good today and I think Ball will go on to be a key player for us.
    Shout out to Warne your proving me wrong every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Tough game today but we deserved to win.

You can see they are organised and efficient but honestly we’re better.
    Defence were good today and I think Ball will go on to be a key player for us.
    Shout out to Warne your proving me wrong every week.
    He's proving a lot of us wrong Yak and long may it continue.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast