+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Wolves

v Wolves

Starting Lineup :-

Johnstone
    Elmohamady
    Chester
    Terry
    Hutton
    Snodgrass
    Whelan
    Hourihane
    Adomah
    Kodjia
    Davis

Subs

Steer
    Samba
    De Laet
    Omonah
    Bjarnason
    O’Hare
    Hogan

Alan Hutton was our best player. If I was being cruel I would say it's because he is usually so out of position that playing as left back he was able to utilise his natural ability to be the wrong side of the attacker and thus was the correct side.

A disappointing display - but onwards and upwards.

So after a run of “easier games” we encountered one of the sides in the frame for promotion & boy did we come up short -again our lack of creativity so glaringly apparent

Wolves dominant from the first to final whistle, out performing this dull Villa side with consummate ease

Only Alan Hutton, Sam Johnson & Callum O’Hare (who showed some attacking intent) during his cameo appearance deserve credit this evening

On tonight's showing we are about as close to becoming promotion candidates as we were the day Steve Bruce took on the coaching role at A V F C

After watching the Noses yesterday, we need a radical rethink preceding our trip to Birmingham City in two weeks or the untroubled tranquil period Mr Bruce has experienced of late will soon evaporate & become a dim & distant memory

I put it down to the international week off, dented our run of form, and we had to restart, but failed to do so.

So just a One of those weeks

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    I put it down to the international week off, dented our run of form, and we had to restart, but failed to do so.

So just a One of those weeks
    We've all had the same international break

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post
    Yes, but we lost and it's a good excuse

You've got to : Want to win and Wolves wanted it more every player gave 100% and they got what they deserved! At least we didn't lose to a dodgy decision!
    I'm afraid we looked like an average team and that's what we are.
    Wolves have a strong midfield and we should have beefed that area up, we all knew it so why didn't Bruce?
    We cannot make the same mistake again the SHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post

And your Wolves weren't affected.

They outplayed us, and outfought us and got their just desserts. Tbf, they’ve outplayed us in the last 3 meetings with 3 different managers. This Wolves team are the best all round team in this division, that I’ve seen since we got relegated. Not necessarily on yesterday’s performance, as I don’t think we made them get out of 3rd gear, which is a sad indictment on us. But all season they have been bang at it.
    Re Hutton. Thankfully, for once, he was so far out of position (for a left back) for that last ditch 1st half tackle, that he looked half decent. Had he been playing at RB, he would of been on the halfway line.
    Hopefully we can put this disappointment behind us and move on, although Fulham are another very decent passing side, gulp.

Onwards n Upwards

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)