+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a mess

Totally agree as soon as DA got involved on the touch line with the the ref we never got a another 50 - 50 decision go for us its something he's got to control with out loosing his passion

I would agree that Dave does tend to go a bit overboard with the 4th official; I wonder how much it is to do with taking the attention off of the players at times as I don’t remember him being like it last season. However, I would defend his outrage last night at the inconsistency of the referee over the booking of a Lowery (rightly so) but not a Notts player for a similar offence. Not that it would make any difference, you might argue, but if that’s the case then why have Mourinho’s (and other) players always surrounded the referee during matches if not to influence his decision?

I still don’t like to see it; the more often you do it, the less effective when you have a genuine cause for complaint. Anyway, we’ve had one below average ref and one awful one in the last 2 home games.... and won them both! Come back Mr Kettle anyone!!!

Will have to keep the ball on the ground on Saturday, as the winds will gust at 45 MPH. Great performance last night. Cannot understand the grief that Artell has been getting on social media lately. The injuries have been piling up and you cannot legislate for bad luck on a small budget. He is doing what he can under the circumstances and the fans need to get behind the team again on Saturday, just like last night. I seem to recall that Steve Davis was given ample opportunity to sort things out. Let us all give Artell some time to build on what has been achieved (staying in this league, when all looked lost last January). After almost 60 years, I still have not given up on the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Will have to keep the ball on the ground on Saturday, as the winds will gust at 45 MPH. Great performance last night. Cannot understand the grief that Artell has been getting on social media lately. The injuries have been piling up and you cannot legislate for bad luck on a small budget. He is doing what he can under the circumstances and the fans need to get behind the team again on Saturday, just like last night. I seem to recall that Steve Davis was given ample opportunity to sort things out. Let us all give Artell some time to build on what has been achieved (staying in this league, when all looked lost last January). After almost 60 years, I still have not given up on the Alex.
    Correct, you cannot legislate for injuries or bad luck. But you can have control over your own behaviour on the touch line. If that was Evans, Adams, Warnock etc behaving like that in the away tech area, we would be thinking/shouting.......w@nker, well I would be anyway.

I love Dave's passion. He is on the sidelines kicking every ball and trying his best to urge the team on. However he has to curtail his complaining. Ok have a word with the fourth official about certain incidents but he is building a reputation with referees and if not careful he is going to be sent to the stands. Should that be the case I would hate him to be in front of me as I wouldn't see the game!!
    It's ok to have the odd moan about decisions, we all do it, but Dave it is not going to change the referees mind. The ref is not going to say, hey you are right I should have booked him just hang on whilst I do that.
    We all moan about the officials, especially the linesman last night who missed 2 blatant offsides as he was too slow, but they have a difficult job. Strange last night we all moaned about the ref but so did County fans so perhaps he had a good game. lol
    It's the inconsistency that gets to me.
    Finally Dave please calm it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Correct, you cannot legislate for injuries or bad luck. But you can have control over your own behaviour on the touch line. If that was Evans, Adams, Warnock etc behaving like that in the away tech area, we would be thinking/shouting.......w@nker, well I would be anyway.
    Jimmy. I was not referring to the complaints by supporters regarding Artell's temper tantrums, but the various calls for the manager's head, especially during that dreadful run of defeats. Patience might just pay off, was my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I love Dave's passion. He is on the sidelines kicking every ball and trying his best to urge the team on. However he has to curtail his complaining. Ok have a word with the fourth official about certain incidents but he is building a reputation with referees and if not careful he is going to be sent to the stands. Should that be the case I would hate him to be in front of me as I wouldn't see the game!!
    It's ok to have the odd moan about decisions, we all do it, but Dave it is not going to change the referees mind. The ref is not going to say, hey you are right I should have booked him just hang on whilst I do that.
    We all moan about the officials, especially the linesman last night who missed 2 blatant offsides as he was too slow, but they have a difficult job. Strange last night we all moaned about the ref but so did County fans so perhaps he had a good game. lol
    It's the inconsistency that gets to me.
    Finally Dave please calm it a bit.
    Brilliant. Hope he reads that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12